According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Soft Tissue Repair Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global soft tissue repair market reached a value of US$ 13.4 Billion in 2022. Soft tissue repair is a remedial intervention used to replace the damaged soft tissues, such as muscles, tendons, nerves, fascia, ligaments, synovial membrane, and blood vessels, with healthy tissues. This process consists of two parts, namely regeneration and repair. Some of the common causes of injury include sprain, trauma, contusion, tendonitis, bursitis, and overstress of muscles. Soft-tissue injuries can generate intense pain and restrict the movement, thereby leading to chronic discomfort. As a result, various treatment options are applied to repair soft tissues, including surgery, rapid healing products, and minimally invasive (MI) procedures. Amongst these, surgery entails operations that use grafts, anchors, sutures, and other devices made from biomaterials to restructure, rebuild, and repair injured tissues, thereby assisting in restoring functionality.
Global Soft Tissue Repair Market Trends:
The global soft tissue repair market is primarily being driven by the increasing instances of soft tissue injuries due to increasing health consciousness and the rising participation in sports activities. Additionally, with rapid technological advancements, there has been an increase in the use of allografts and xenografts for various soft tissue augmentation procedures, including dural repair, chest wall construction, cardiovascular surgery, and pelvic organ prolapse repair. This is further supported by favorable reimbursement policies and the availability of abundant raw materials for its production, which is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. Moreover, manufacturers are continuously investing in research and development (R&D) activities to introduce innovative product variants, such as replacing traditional synthetic meshes with biological graft materials, to meet the rising need for speeding up the process of soft tissue injury repair. These products offer enhanced biocompatibility, strength, and aesthetics, which, in turn, is creating a positive outlook for the market. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.9% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the product, the market has been bifurcated into fixation products (suture and suture anchors) and tissue patch/match (biological and synthetic).
- On the basis of the application, the market has been classified into orthopedic surgery, breast reconstruction, hernia repair, skin repair, vaginal sling repair, cardiovascular surgery, and others.
- Based on the end use, the market has been divided into hospitals and clinics, research and academic institutes, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being AbbVie Inc., Arthrex Inc., Becton Dickinson and Company, Baxter International Inc., Cryolife Inc., Integra LifeSciences Corporation, Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic Plc, Organogenesis Inc., Smith & Nephew plc, Stryker Corporation and Terumo Corporation.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Application, End Use, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||AbbVie Inc., Arthrex Inc., Becton Dickinson and Company, Baxter International Inc., Cryolife Inc., Integra LifeSciences Corporation, Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic Plc, Organogenesis Inc., Smith & Nephew plc, Stryker Corporation and Terumo Corporation
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal