IMARC Group’s latest report, titled “Thermal Scanners Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” finds that the global thermal scanners market size reached US$ 5.50 Billion in 2020. A thermal scanner is a device that is used to read and assess an individual’s body temperature. The device diagnoses the temperature differences with the help of infrared sensing without being physically close to the person. A thermal scanner displays the reading, flashing green or red screen, indicating that the person may be ill or carrying an infection. As a result, thermal scanners find applications across the automotive, healthcare, aerospace, military and defense, and oil and gas industries.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Thermal Scanners Market Trends:
The global thermal scanners market is primarily driven by the outbreak of coronavirus disease. The device is mandatorily used at public spaces, transportation agencies, factories, government offices and businesses to detect the body temperature of individuals to further prevent the spread of the virus. Thermal scanners provide an efficient, discrete and effective way of identifying infected people with virus-specific tests. They are also used in several residential and commercial complexes for screening residents and employees. Besides this, the aerospace and defense sectors widely employ thermal scanners for thermology, security and surveillance, and search and rescue. They are also utilized as maintenance tools to monitor and inspect the structural health of buildings, historical monuments, and industrial equipment. Furthermore, the growing research and development (R&D) expenditure by companies, capital firms, and governments to develop innovative thermal scanning solutions is also positively influencing the market growth. On account of these factors, the market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 6.40% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Based on the type, the market has been categorized into fixed and portable scanners. Fixed thermal scanners represent the most preferred type.
- On the basis of the technology, the market has been classified into cooled and uncooled segments.
- The market has been divided based on the wavelength into long-, medium-, and short-wave infrared.
- On the basis of the end use industry, the market has been segmented into aerospace and defense, healthcare, oil and gas, automotive, commercial, and others. Aerospace and defense are the largest end use industries.
- On the geographical front, North America (the United States and Canada) holds the leading position in the market. Other major regions are Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being 3M Company, AMETEK Land (Ametek Inc.), FLIR Systems Inc. (Teledyne Technologies Incorporated), Fluke Corporation (Fortive Corporation), Infrared Cameras Inc., L3Harris Technologies Inc., Leonardo S.p.A., Opgal Optronic Industries Ltd., Optotherm Inc., Seek Thermal Inc., Thermoteknix Systems Ltd., and Tonbo Imaging.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800