According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Tire Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025," the global tire market size was 3.2 Billion Units in 2019. Tires are ring-shaped flexible and pneumatic structures that are placed around the rim of a wheel. They are usually manufactured using wire, rayon, natural and synthetic rubber, carbon black, polyester, steel, silica and a vulcanization accelerator. These structures provide a sturdy gripping surface for traction while transferring the vehicle’s load to the surface. Serving as a cushion for the wheels of a moving vehicle, they absorb shocks and reduce the impact of vibrations while driving, which enhances road feel and improves the overall performance of the vehicle.
Global Tire Market Trends:
The global tire market is primarily driven by the significant growth in the automotive sector. Growing global population, rapid urbanization and rising consumer expenditure capacities have contributed to the escalating demand for passenger vehicles across the globe, especially in developing countries. This, in confluence with the increasing demand for construction vehicles on account of expanding infrastructural development, is significantly catalyzing the growth of the market. Moreover, extensive research and development (R&D) activities undertaken by manufacturers have resulted in the improved tire design and rubber quality. This has consequently led to the advent of non-pneumatic tires (NPT) or airless tires that do not deflate under any circumstances. Numerous ecological tires have also been introduced in the market, which are gaining widespread popularity, owing to enhanced focus toward sustainable development. For instance, Michelin, a France-based tire manufacturing company, introduced VISION, a biodegradable 3D printed smart concept tire, which is manufactured using sustainable materials. It is airless and equipped with sensors that offer real time updates about the condition of the tire. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to reach a volume of 4.0 Billion Units by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 3.7% during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- On the basis of the design, the market has been bifurcated into radial and bias tires, wherein radial represents the most preferred segment.
- Based on the end use, the OEM segment dominates the market, followed by the replacement segment.
- On the basis of the vehicle type, the market has been divided into passenger cars, light commercial vehicles, medium and heavy commercial vehicles, two wheelers, three wheelers, and off-the-road (OTR). Among these, passenger cars exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been bifurcated offline and online, wherein the offline segment dominates the market.
- On the basis of the season, the market is segmented into all season, winter and summer tires. Currently, all season tires account for the majority of the total market share.
- On the geographical front, the market has been classified into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), Middle East and Africa (Turkey, Saudi Arabia and others). At present, Asia Pacific holds the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the leading companies include Manufacture Francaise de Pneumatiques Michelin, Bridgestone Corporation, Continental Tire the Americas, LLC, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, TBC Corporation, Pirelli & C. S.p.A., Yokohama Tire Corporation, Hankook Tire Co., Ltd., Toyo Tire Holdings of Americas Inc., and Kumho Tire Company.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal