According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Tissue Paper Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” the global tissue paper market size reached US$ 64.9 Billion in 2021. Tissue papers are mainly utilized for sanitation and hygiene purposes as they are convenient to use and suitable for cleaning and drying wet surfaces. Moreover, they are biodegradable, readily available and are available at a low-cost. Tissue papers are manufactured with the pulp of hardwood and softwood trees, water and chemicals. Their production process includes pulping and retting, adding color or components to strengthen and enhance the water-holding capacity and pressing the product to mold into the required shape.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Tissue Paper Market Trends:
Inflating income levels and the rising hygiene-consciousness among individuals have escalated the demand for personal hygiene products like tissue papers across the globe. Furthermore, the recent coronavirus pandemic (COVID-19) has increased the demand for hygiene products, such as toilet paper and paper towels, across the residential sector, as well as healthcare institutions and essential services. Apart from this, some of the leading companies are focusing on the introduction of premium quality products with high absorbency, strength and softness. They are also developing perforated, scented, embossed, or colored tissues to diversify their product offerings. Additionally, owing to the rising environmental concerns, they are more eco-friendly raw materials, such as bamboo, to produce organic tissues that do not contain any brightening agents. Furthermore, favorable government policies to promote public health is anticipated to propel the market growth in the upcoming years. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 93.4 Billion by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 6.17% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the product, the market has been segmented into paper napkin, paper towel, facial tissue, toilet paper, wrapping tissue and others. At present, paper napkin exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- On the basis of the raw material, the market has been segregated into wood-free, wood containing and recovered fiber.
- The market has been analyzed on the basis of the application into the household and commercial sectors. The commercial sector currently dominates the market.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been divided into supermarkets & hypermarkets, convenience stores, online stores, and others. supermarkets & hypermarkets stores account for the majority of the total market share.
- Region-wise, North America enjoys the leading position in the market. Other major regions include Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Asia Pulp and Paper Group (APP), Georgia-Pacific LLC, Kimberly-Clark Corporation, Procter & Gamble Company, Hengan International Group Company Limited, CMPC S.A., Cascades, Inc., Jukebox Print Inc., Paper Mart Inc., Svenska Cellulosa AB and Unicharm Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal