According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Tonometer Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global tonometer market reached a value of US$ 339.9 Million in 2022. Tonometer refers to a medical tool that is generally used by healthcare professionals in the treatment of glaucoma and to measure intraocular pressure (IOP) that helps in determining the risks of developing glaucoma. The disease causes blindness by harming the optic nerve at the back of the eye and the accumulation of excess fluid. Some of the popular tonometers include the schiotz tonometer, applanation tonometer and tonopen. There has been a considerable rise in the adoption of tonometers across the globe due to the growing glaucoma screening programs organized by the private and public sectors.
Global Tonometer Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the increasing prevalence of glaucoma among the masses. Coupled with the growing geriatric population, which is more prone to developing eye-related disorders, this is boosting the demand for tonometers across the globe. Since the device is suitable for patients with disabilities and children as it facilitates easy diagnosis at different corneal locations, this is creating a positive market outlook. Along with this, continual technological advancements, such as the introduction of a non-contact air pump tonometer, are contributing to the growth of the market. Moreover, the rising awareness among individuals regarding regular monitoring and early diagnosis of intraocular pressure (IOP) in order to prevent vision loss is significantly supporting the product demand on the global level. Other factors, including continual improvements in the healthcare infrastructure, continuous product innovations, easy access to medical facilities across rural and geographical extended locations, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players, are also positively influencing the market. On account of the aforementioned factors,the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 465.8 Million by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.28% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been segmented into direct and indirect.
- Based on the technology, the market has been bifurcated into applanation, indentation, rebound and other tonometry.
- On the basis of portability, the market has been classified into desktop and handheld.
- Based on the end-user, the market has been segregated into hospitals and ophthalmic centers.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market.Some of these players include 66 Vision Tech Co. Ltd. (Yuwell-Jiangsu Yuyue Medical Equipment & Supply Co. Ltd.), AMETEK Inc., Canon Inc., Haag-Streit Group (Metall Zug AG), Keeler Ltd. (Halma plc), Kowa American Corporation (Kowa Company Limited), Nidek Co. Ltd., Revenio Group Oyj, Rexxam Co. Ltd., Tomey Corporation, Topcon Corporation and Ziemer Ophthalmic Systems AG.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Technology, Portability, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||66 Vision Tech Co. Ltd. (Yuwell-Jiangsu Yuyue Medical Equipment & Supply Co. Ltd.), AMETEK Inc., Canon Inc., Haag-Streit Group (Metall Zug AG), Keeler Ltd. (Halma plc), Kowa American Corporation (Kowa Company Limited), Nidek Co. Ltd., Revenio Group Oyj, Rexxam Co. Ltd., Tomey Corporation, Topcon Corporation and Ziemer Ophthalmic Systems AG
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800