The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Trout Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global trout market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 6.2% during 2022-2027. Trout is a species of freshwater fish belonging to the Salmonidae family. Some of the most commonly available trout variants include rainbow trout, golden trout, Ohrid trout, sea trout, brook trout, and brown trout. They are rich in essential nutrients, such as omega-3 fatty acids, protein, niacin, vitamin B12, selenium, calcium, potassium, and healthy fats. They assist in regulating cholesterol levels, building muscular strength, repairing damaged tissues, reducing inflammation, minimizing the risk of cardiovascular diseases, improving metabolism, and enhancing digestive health. As a result, trout has gained immense popularity as a healthy seafood option across the globe due to its nutritional value and taste.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Trout Market Trends:
Significant growth in the aquaculture industry and the rising exports of freshwater fish species represent the primary factors driving the market growth. Additionally, with the surging health consciousness, individuals are replacing high-calorie food products with protein-rich foods in their diet. In line with this, the shifting consumer preferences toward processed, canned, and chilled trout with prolonged shelf life due to sedentary lifestyles and hectic schedules has augmented the product demand. Furthermore, the leading manufacturers are utilizing innovative aquaculture practices to improve productivity and prevent disease outbreaks in trout species. Along with this, the widespread adoption of advanced technologies by key players to improve the trout supply and yield through constant growth and health monitoring has propelled the market growth. Besides this, the increasing number of quick-service restaurants (QSR) and seafood-based eateries that serve gourmet and inter-continental trout dishes is also contributing to the market growth. Other factors, including the launch of new value-added trout products, such as supplements and fillets, improving fish farming practices, stringent seafood safety regulations, changing dietary habits, and ongoing research and development (R&D) activities, are also providing a positive thrust to the market growth.
- Based on the trout type, the market has been segregated into rainbow, Ohrid, sea, golden, brook, and other trout.
- On the basis of the trout size, the market has been bifurcated into large and small.
- The market has been classified based on the distribution into foodservice and retail (supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, specialty outlets, online channels, and others).
- Based on the packaging form, the market has been divided into fresh, frozen, canned, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into Europe (Armenia, Norway, Italy, France, Denmark, Spain, Poland, and others), North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, Australia, Indonesia, Vietnam, and others), Latin America (Chile, Peru, Mexico, Brazil, and others), and Middle East and Africa (Turkey, Iran, Egypt, and others).
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Albury Estate Fisheries Ltd., Aquabest Seafood LLC, JM Clayton Seafood Company, Cermaq Group AS, Clear Springs Foods LLC, Grieg Seafood ASA, Lerøy Seafood Group ASA, Mowi ASA, Rushing Waters Fisheries LLC, Sunburst Trout Farms, and Torre Trout Farms Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800