According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Tuberculosis Diagnostics Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the global tuberculosis diagnostics market is expected to exhibit moderate growth during 2021-2026. Tuberculosis (TB) diagnostics refer to testing and detecting TB bacteria in the body, which usually attack the lungs but can damage other parts of the body in severe cases. The TB skin test (TST) and blood tests are the most commonly used diagnostic tool for TB. After an individual is found to be infected with the TB bacteria, several other tests, such as a chest X-ray and rapid sputum tests, are performed to see if the person has a latent TB infection or TB disease.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Tuberculosis Diagnostics Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the rapid proliferation of multi-drug resistant (MDR) tuberculosis. It is caused by bacteria that are resistant to isoniazid and rifampicin, which are considered to be among the most potent antimicrobial drugs for TB. The growing awareness among the masses about different diagnostic procedures and significant improvements in the healthcare infrastructure are also contributing to the market growth. Besides this, governments and several healthcare organizations are undertaking initiatives to control the proliferation of TB by increasing the screening and diagnosis rates of the disease worldwide. Moreover, the development of advanced diagnostic methods, such as interferon-gamma release assay (IGRA), cytokine detection assay and serological tests, have also encouraged patients to opt for TB diagnostics. These tests yield accurate results in a shorter time span while employing a smaller biological sample. On account of these factors, the market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 4.5% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Based on the disease stage, the market has been bifurcated into latent and active TB.
- On the basis of the test type, the market has been categorized into radiographic, laboratory (smear microscopy and culture-based test), nucleic acid, cytokine detection, drug resistance and other tests.
- The market has been segregated based on the end user into hospitals and clinics, diagnostics and research laboratories, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Russia, Spain and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Abbott Laboratories, Alere Inc., Becton Dickinson and Company, BioMérieux, Cepheid Inc., Epistem Ltd., Roche Holding AG, Hain Lifescience GmbH, Hologic Inc., QIAGEN GmbH, Siemens and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal