The latest report by IMARC, titled “Usage-Based Insurance Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028”, finds that the global usage-based insurance market size reached US$ 41.3 Billion in 2022. Usage-based insurance (UBI), also known as telematics insurance, refers to a specialized automobile insurance policy where the premium is linked with the usage of the consumer’s driving behavior or usage of the vehicle. It is also used to align the driving behavior of individuals. It is generally available in pay-per-mile (PPM) and pay-how-you-drive (PHYD) formats. A wireless device is installed in the car, which transmits data to the insurer each time premium is due. In recent years, UBI has gained traction as it is more personalized, reduces the instances of road accidents, and provides better satisfaction to the policyholder compared to conventional insurance policies.
Global Usage-Based Insurance Market Trends:
One of the primary factors driving the market is the exponential growth in the automotive industry. Additionally, the extensive employment of remote diagnostics to observe consumer driving is creating a positive market outlook. Other than this, usage-based insurance provides numerous advantages, including accurate and timely data collection methods and flexible insurance premiums. Besides this, the adoption of advanced technology, such as hybrid-based UBI and smartphone-based UBI, and the increasing concerns regarding driver’s safety, are propelling the market growth. In line with this, telematics is being employed in the automotive industry to align insurance prices and improve driving behavior and road safety. Furthermore, key players are integrating advanced telematics-based platforms in light-duty vehicles (LDV) to monitor the driving habits of the consumer. Apart from this, UBI insurance almost eliminates the need for installing an additional black-box in the vehicles to record vehicular data, which is catalyzing the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 153.4 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 24.37% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the type, the market has been divided into pay-as-you-drive, pay-how-you-drive, manage-how-you-drive, and others.
- On the basis of technology, the market has been segmented into OBD II, black box, smartphones, and others.
- Based on the vehicle type, the market has been segregated into light-duty vehicle (LDV) and heavy-duty vehicle (HDV).
- On the basis of the vehicle age, the market has been bifurcated into new and used vehicles.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance UK Ltd, Allianz SE, Allstate Insurance Company, American International Group Inc., Assicurazioni Generali S.p.A., AXA, Liberty Mutual Insurance Company, Mapfre S.A., Progressive Casualty Insurance Company, State Farm Automobile Mutual Insurance Company, TomTom International BV. and UnipolSai Assicurazioni S.p.A. (Unipol Gruppo S.p.A).
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Technology, Vehicle Type, Vehicle Age, Region
||North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Brazil, Mexico
||Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance UK Ltd, Allianz SE, Allstate Insurance Company, American International Group Inc., Assicurazioni Generali S.p.A., AXA, Liberty Mutual Insurance Company, Mapfre S.A., Progressive Casualty Insurance Company, State Farm Automobile Mutual Insurance Company, TomTom International BV. and UnipolSai Assicurazioni S.p.A. (Unipol Gruppo S.p.A)
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800