As per the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Vinegar Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global vinegar market size reached US$ 2.3 Billion in 2022. Vinegar is a pungent and sour liquid made by fermenting the ethanol present in wine, champagne, brew and cider. It contains around 5-20% acetic acid, certain trace chemicals such as gallic acid, catechin, epicatechin and caffeic acid, and flavorings like sugar, fruit juices, spices and herb infusions. Vinegar has antimicrobial, antioxidant and antidiabetic properties and offers several health benefits, such as helping in weight loss, improving heart health and increasing nutrient absorption.
Global Vinegar Market Trends:
Vinegar is used across the world in numerous food and non-food applications owing to its distinct functional properties. In addition to providing a sour taste and balancing other flavors, it is used in marinades to soften the meat, in baking for activating baking powder, and as a disinfectant, stain remover, antiperspirant and hair conditioner in personal care applications. Vinegar is also employed in a number of industries ranging from healthcare and agriculture to cleaning and hygiene. Some of the major products made using vinegar include plastics, photographic materials, dyes, medicines and household items. Moreover, the leading companies are working toward delivering innovative solutions for the food industry and offer a range of custom vinegar products for specific applications. For instance, Supreme Vinegar LLC, a Pennsylvania-based vinegar manufacturer, enables customers to produce vinegar with different formulations in small batch sizes. This is expected to provide a positive impact on the growth of the market in the coming years. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 2.7 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 2.77% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the product type, the report finds that balsamic vinegar represents the most popular type. Other major product types include red wine, cider, rice, white and other kinds of vinegar.
- On the basis of the source, the market has been bifurcated into natural and synthetic vinegar.
- The market has been categorized based on the end use into retail and institutional. At present, the institutional sector dominates the market, holding the largest market share.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, vinegar is mostly distributed through supermarkets and hypermarkets. Other major channels of distribution include specialty stores, convenience stores and online.
- Region-wise, Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, others) holds exhibits a clear dominance in the market. Other regions include North America (United States, Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, others), Middle East and Africa (Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iran, United Arab Emirates, others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru, others).
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Acetifici Italiani Modena S.R.L. (AIMO), Australian Vinegar, Bizen Chemical Co. Ltd., Fleischmann’s Vinegar Company, Inc., Kraft Heinz Company, Mizkan Holdings Co. Ltd., Shanxi Shuita Vinegar Co. Ltd., Castelo Alimentos S/A, Burg Groep B.V. and Aspall Cyder Ltd.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||US$ Billion, Million Tons
||Product Type, Source, End-Use, Distribution Channel, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Iran, United Arab Emirates
||Acetifici Italiani Modena S.R.L., Australian Vinegar, Bizen Chemical Co. Ltd., Fleischmann’s Vinegar Company, Inc., Kraft Heinz Company, Mizkan, Shanxi Shuita Vinegar, Castelo Alimentos S/A, Burg Groep B.V. and Aspall Cyder
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal