According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled " Voltage Regulators Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global voltage regulators market reached a value of US$ 2.7 Billion in 2021. Voltage regulators refer to mechanical systems that are designed for automatically maintaining a fixed and constant voltage output within the prescribed range, irrespective of changes in the input voltage or load conditions. They assist in regulating line fluctuations, lowering output ripple voltage, ensuring minimal magnetic interference and noise, and providing instant response time for loading or changing lines. On account of these properties, voltage regulators are extensively used as an essential component in the power generators, alternate or direct current(AC/DC) regulators, alternators, and computers. Apart from this, they are cost-effective, durable, load compatible, and exhibit features, such as high tolerance to system faults and overload.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Voltage Regulators Market Trends:
The global voltage regulators market is majorly being driven by rapid industrialization, especially in developing countries, along with the increasing need for uninterrupted, reliable power and electricity supply across various commercial and residential sectors. This is further supported by the increasing sales of consumer electronics and smart automobiles across the globe, wherein voltage regulators are incorporated as a key mechanical device that offers steady voltage and eliminates frequency deviations. In line with this, ongoing technological advancements, such as the introduction of electronic voltage regulators thatreducesthe risk of short circuits, overvoltage, and thermal shutdownsis acting as another growth-inducing factor. Additionally, the escalating installations of transmission systems from high voltage alternating current (HVAC) to high voltage direct current (HVDC) is contributing to the market growth. Apart from this, the implementation of favorable initiatives being undertaken by governments of various countries have impelled key players to launch upgraded energy transmission and distribution (T&D) networks, such as smart grids, to mitigate the imbalance of demand and supply of energy. This, in turn, is creating a positive outlook for the market.On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 3.6 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 5% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the topology, the market has been classified into electro-mechanical, electronic tap-switching, and ferro-resonant voltage regulation.?
- On the basis of the type, the market has been bifurcated into linear voltage regulator (breakup by connection type (Series and Shunt) and product type (Low Drop Out (LDO)) and switching voltage regulator (step-down (Buck), step-up (Boost), step-down/step-up (buck-boost) and inverting).
- Based on the end use industry, the market has been categorized into electronics, power transmission and distribution, automotive, industrial automation, and others.
- On a regional basis, the market has been segmented into North America (United States, and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and Others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, along with the profiles of the key players being ABB Ltd., Analog Devices Inc., Eaton Corporation Inc., General Electric Company, Howard Industries Inc., Infineon Technologies AG, J. Schneider Elektrotechnik GmbH, NXP Semiconductors NV, Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories Inc., Siemens AG, STMicroelectronics SA, Texas Instruments Incorporated and Toshiba Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800