According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Water Purifier Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025,” the global water purifier market size reached US$ 36.3 Billion in 2019. Water plays a vital role in sustaining life among plants, animals and human beings. However, as fresh water is only available in a very small fraction, there is currently a rise in the demand for water purifiers across the globe. Water purifiers assist in removing contaminants, such as toxins, bacteria, chemicals, harmful gases and suspended solids from water. They treat water to make it fit for human consumption and industrial usage, and aid in minimizing the risk of acquiring waterborne diseases.
Global Water Purifier Market Trends:
Owing to rapid urbanization, inflating income levels and growing global population, there is a significant rise in the demand for food across the globe. Consequently, farmers are excessively utilizing agrochemicals to increase their overall production. These chemicals are released from farms and contaminate nearby water bodies, such as lakes, rivers and oceans. The resulting water pollution is further exacerbated by untreated wastewater and the effluents released from various industries. Therefore, there is a boost in the sales for water purifiers to meet the requirements of clean water in the residential and industrial sectors. Furthermore, some of the leading manufacturers operating in the industry are focusing on launching well-equipped products in the market that utilize advanced water purification technologies. On account of these factors, the market value is projected to reach US$ 59.5 Billion by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 8.5% during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- Based on the technology type, the market has been segmented into gravity purifiers, RO purifiers, UV purifiers, sediment filters, water softeners and others. Amongst these, RO purifiers exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been segregated into retail stores, direct sales and online. Retail stores currently account for the majority of the total market share.
- The market has been classified on the basis of the end user into industrial, commercial and household sectors. At present, the household sector holds the largest market share.
- Region-wise, Asia Pacific enjoys the leading position in the market. Other regions include Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being LG Electronics Inc., Unilever PLC/NV, Panasonic Corporation, Kinetico Incorporated, Aquatech International LLC, GE (General Electric) Appliances, A.O. Smith Corporation, Whirlpool Corporation, Eureka Forbes Ltd., Pentair PLC, Kaz USA, Inc., Mitsubishi Rayon Cleansui Co., Ltd., Kent RO Systems Ltd., Tata Chemicals Ltd., Koninklijke Philips N.V., EcoWater Systems LLC, 3M Company and Ion Exchange Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal