According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "White Box Server Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027," the global white box server market size reached a value of US$ 10.5 Billion in 2021. A white box server is a personalized server that is either home built or built by white box suppliers, ODMs (Original Design Manufacturers). It is an assembly of randomly chosen hardware from the market and is not publicized. It can be customized or unbranded and uses the same or superior components as big-name manufacturers. It is also possible for a company to built an in-house white box server utilizing retail computer parts which are commercially accessible. It is extensively used by Open Computer Project (OCP) developers, and major operating systems and visualization software can be operated on a white box server. It is usually found in data centers run by large internet companies, such as Google. White Box Server is advantageous for large enterprises as it helps with cost-saving, is easy to maintain, and provides technical support. It offers various benefits, such as customizations, support, and ease of maintenance, as they provide high availability and reduce the risks of unexpected downtime. It is predominantly used in data centers and OEMs.
Global White Box Server Market Trends:
The global market is majorly driven by increasing demand for data centers and cloud computing. In line with this, the expansion of IT infrastructure is significantly contributing to the market across the globe. Furthermore, the rising demand for low-cost servers, higher uptime, and a high degree of customization and flexibility in hardware design are positively influencing the market. Apart from this, a radical shift in the industry toward open networking models is offering numerous opportunities for OEMs and ODMs, thereby catalyzing the market growth. Moreover, the rapid adoption of open platforms and the increasing demand for micro servers from data centers are propelling the market. Besides, the rising internet usage and networking globally have accelerated the need for more cloud space, thus strengthening the demand for more data centers and favoring the product demand. Additionally, various ODMs are developing switching products and white box storage that are energy-efficient and cost-effective, which, in turn, is providing a boost to the market. Other factors, including the growing use of analytical applications to regulate physical and virtual servers, the construction of energy-efficient green data centers, and the escalating adoption of open platforms, are expected to drive the market in the coming years. On account of the factors above, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 29.5 Billion by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 19.3% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of form factor, the market has been segmented into rack & tower servers, blade servers, and density-optimized servers.
- Based on business type, the market has been categorized into data centers and enterprises.
- Based on processor type, the market has been classified into X86 Server and Non-X86 Server.
- Based on the operating system, the market has been bifurcated into linux operating system and others.
- Based on components, the market has been segmented into motherboard, processor, memory, hard drive, server case/chassis, network adapter, and others.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include Celestica Inc., Compal Inc., Hon Hai Precision Industry Company Ltd., Hyve Solutions Corporations, Inventec Corporation, MiTAC Holdings Corporation, Pegatron Corporation, Penguin Computing, Quanta Computer Incorporated, Equus Computer Systems, Super Micro Computer, Inc., Wistron Corporation and ZT Systems.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800