According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “White Box Server Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025,” the global white box server market size reached US$ 6.9 Billion in 2019. A white box server refers to a server computer system that is manufactured by Original Design Manufacturers (ODM) using Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) components. It can perform different memory and network connectivity functions efficiently and run major operating systems, such as Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), Windows Server and virtualization software. Besides this, as it offers customization to data center professionals, it is extensively utilized in large data centers run by giant Internet firms such as Google LLC or Facebook Inc.
Global White Box Server Market Trends:
The market is currently experiencing growth on account of the affordability and high degree of customizability offered by white box servers. In line with this, the growing trend of digitalization and increasing utilization of cloud services and big data analytics is also strengthening the market growth. Apart from this, there is a rise in the demand for enhanced uptime and flexibility in hardware designs. Consequently, consumers are increasingly opting for ODM services to build their networking equipment and software solutions. Some of the other factors that are anticipated to bolster the market growth in the upcoming years include the increasing use of open platforms, escalating demand for micro-servers and technological advancements, such as the construction of energy-efficient green data centers for controlling carbon emissions and electricity consumption. On account of these factors, the market value is projected to reach US$ 17.3 Billion by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 16.4% during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- Based on the form factor, the market has been segmented into rack and tower, blade and density-optimized servers.
- On the basis of the business type, the market has been bifurcated into data centers and enterprises.
- The market has been analyzed on the basis of the processor type into X86 and non-X86 servers.
- Based on the operating system, the market has been divided into the Linux operating system and others.
- On the basis of the component, the market has been segregated into motherboard, processor, memory, hard drive, server case/chassis, network adapter and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been classified into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others); and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Celestica Inc., Compal Inc., Hon Hai Precision Industry Company Ltd., Hyve Solutions Corporations, Inventec Corporation, MiTAC Holdings Corporation, Pegatron Corporation, Penguin Computing, Quanta Computer Incorporated, Equus Computer Systems, Super Micro Computer, Inc., Wistron Corporation and ZT Systems.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal