According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Women's Health Market by Age Group Type (50 Years and Above, and Others), Application (Contraceptives, Osteoporosis, Menopause, Infertility, and Others), Distribution Channel (Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, Online Pharmacies), and Region 2023-2028” the global women’s health market size reached US$ 39.32 Billion in 2022. Women's health refers to the branch of medical science and healthcare that focuses on the unique needs and issues affecting women throughout their lifespan. It encompasses a wide range of physical, emotional, and social factors that impact women's well-being. From puberty to menopause and beyond, women experience various biological and hormonal changes that require specialized attention and care. Some of the key aspects of women's health include reproductive health, which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and contraception. Regular gynecological check-ups are essential to monitor reproductive health and detect any potential issues early. Additionally, breast health and cancer screenings play a crucial role in women's health, as breast cancer is a significant concern. Mental and emotional well-being is another vital component of women's health. Hormonal fluctuations can affect mood, and conditions like postpartum depression can have a significant impact on a woman's mental health. Moreover, women's health extends to general wellness, including nutrition, exercise, and preventative care. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle can reduce the risk of various health conditions, such as heart disease and osteoporosis.
Global Women’s Health Market Trends:
The aging population worldwide is a significant factor driving the women's health market. As women age, they often require specialized healthcare services, including menopausal management, osteoporosis treatment, and breast health services. Additionally, women these days are more informed and proactive about their health, which has increased awareness among them for preventive care, screenings, and treatments, thus contributing to the market growth. Other than this, the global shift toward gender equality has empowered women to prioritize their health and well-being. This empowerment results in increased healthcare-seeking behavior and greater demand for women's health services. Besides this, the prevalence of chronic conditions, such as cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, and obesity, among women has necessitated specialized care and medication, which is another major growth-inducing factor. In line with this, the growing infertility issues and the demand for assisted reproductive technologies are driving the fertility services, including in-vitro fertilization (IVF), egg freezing, and fertility preservation. As a result, several pharmaceutical companies are continually developing and launching new drugs and therapies specifically designed for women's health conditions such as hormone replacement therapy, contraceptives, and treatments for gynecological cancers. Moreover, advances in medical technology, including diagnostic tools and minimally invasive surgical techniques, have expanded the range of treatment options available to women. These innovations improve patient outcomes and contribute to market expansion. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 51.65 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 4.33% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the age group type, the market has been segmented into 50 years and above (postmenopausal osteoporosis, endometriosis and uterine fibroids, and menopause), and others. Currently, 50 years and above is the most popular age group type.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been divided into contraceptives, osteoporosis, menopause, infertility, and others. Presently, contraceptives represent the largest segment.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been classified into hospital, retail, and online pharmacies. Amongst these, hospital pharmacies holds the majority of the market share.
- Region-wise, North America (United States and Canada) exhibits a clear dominance in the market. Other major regions include Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Middle East and Africa, and Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others).
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Abbott Laboratories, AbbVie Inc., Agile Therapeutics Inc., Amgen Inc., Bayer AG, Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Ferring Pharmaceuticals, FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Hologic Inc., Lupin Limited, Novo Nordisk A/S, Pfizer Inc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Age Group
- Distribution Channel
|Age Group Types Covered
- 50 Years and Above: Postmenopausal Osteoporosis, Endometriosis and Uterine Fibroids, Menopause
||Contraceptives, Osteoporosis, Menopause, Infertility, Others
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, Online Pharmacies
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Abbott Laboratories, AbbVie Inc., Agile Therapeutics Inc., Amgen Inc., Bayer AG, Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Ferring Pharmaceuticals, FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Hologic Inc., Lupin Limited, Novo Nordisk A/S, Pfizer Inc., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800