According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “ Wood Pulp Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global wood pulp market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 3.2% during 2023-2028. Wood pulp is a fibrous material derived from wood. It is mainly used to produce a wide variety of paper and paper-based products such as newspapers, books, magazines, paperboard, packaging materials, and tissue paper. It is made by breaking down wood chips into individual fibers through pulping. This can be done either mechanically by grinding wood chips into a pulp with high-speed rotating blades or chemically by dissolving the lignin that binds the wood fibers together using sodium hydroxide and sodium sulfite. Wood pulp is also used as a key material in producing cellulose derivatives such as rayon, cellophane, and cellulose acetate.
Global Wood Pulp Market Trends:
The expanding product utilization across various industries, such as automotive, pharmaceuticals, packaging, and food and beverage (F&B), is primarily driving the market growth. Besides this, the increasing use of wood pulp in manufacturing sustainable packaging solutions, such as paper bags, boxes, and cartons, and the expanding demand for digital printing for product branding and promotion are contributing to the market growth. Moreover, the largescale product demand for manufacturing various personal hygiene products, including napkins, handkerchiefs, toilet rolls, baby wipes, and diapers, due to their versatile nature, is presenting remunerative growth opportunities for the market. In line with this, the widespread product utilization in the production of different items, such as car filters, liquid crystal display (LCD) screens, shoes, handbags, fresh food wrapping, labels and stickers, newspapers, envelopes, and binding agents, is aiding in market expansion. Additionally, significant growth in the e-commerce industry and the surging popularity of cellulose-based textiles are impelling the market growth. Furthermore, rapid urbanization, the rising global population, escalating consumer awareness about health and personal hygiene, inflating disposable incomes, and high living standards are creating a positive outlook for the market.
- Based on the type, the market is bifurcated into hardwood and softwood.
- On the basis of the grade, the market has been classified into mechanical, chemical, semi-chemical, and others.
- Based on the end use industry, the market is segregated into packaging (food and beverages, pharmaceuticals, personal care and cosmetics, automotive, and others), paper (newspaper, books and magazines, tissues, and others), and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being APRIL Group (RGE Pte Ltd), ARAUCO, Canfor Corporation, Metsä Group, Nippon Paper Industries Co. Ltd, Oji Holdings Corporation, Sappi Limited, Södra, Sonoco Products Company, Stora Enso Oyj, Suzano Papel e Celulose, UPM-Kymmene Oyj and WestRock Company.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Type, Grade, End Use Industry, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||APRIL Group (RGE Pte Ltd), ARAUCO, Canfor Corporation, Metsä Group, Nippon Paper Industries Co. Ltd, Oji Holdings Corporation, Sappi Limited, Södra, Sonoco Products Company, Stora Enso Oyj, Suzano Papel e Celulose, UPM-Kymmene Oyj and WestRock Company
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800