The global graphic processing unit (GPU) market size reached US$ 42.1 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 189.6 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 28.1% during 2023-2028. Increasing demand for high-performance computing in industries, proliferation of advanced visualization technologies, the expanding adoption of machine learning (ML) and deep learning applications, and the increasing popularity of e-sports represent some of the key factors driving the market.
A graphic processing unit (GPU) is a specialized electronic circuit designed to accelerate and optimize graphics rendering. It is primarily used in computers and gaming consoles to enhance visual processing capabilities. It consists of a processing core, memory, and input/output interfaces. The processing core is responsible for executing complex mathematical calculations required for rendering images, while the memory stores data and instructions for quick access. GPUs work by parallelizing tasks, dividing them into smaller units, and processing them simultaneously, thereby significantly boosting performance. This parallel architecture makes it highly efficient in handling graphics-intensive tasks, such as video editing, 3D modeling, and gaming. One of the main advantages of GPUs is their ability to offload the computational workload from the central processing unit (CPU), enabling faster and more efficient processing of graphics-related tasks. Currently, there are various types of product variants available, including integrated, dedicated, and external GPUs.
Graphic Processing Unit (GPU) Market Trends:
The increasing demand for high-performance computing in industries, such as gaming, virtual reality (VR), and artificial intelligence (AI), and the rising cryptocurrency mining activities are some of the primary factors boosting the market growth. Concurrent with this, the proliferation of advanced visualization technologies in healthcare, automotive, and entertainment sectors has increased the adoption of GPUs for real-time image rendering and simulation, which, in turn, is providing an impetus to the market growth. Moreover, the expanding adoption of machine learning (ML) and deep learning applications across industries and the emergence of cloud-based gaming platforms and remote rendering services are supporting the market growth. Additionally, ongoing advancements in VR and augmented reality (AR) technologies have created a significant demand for GPUs capable of delivering immersive visual experiences, thus accelerating the market growth. Besides this, the rapid expansion of the gaming industry, coupled with the increasing popularity of e-sports and the development of high-quality game titles, is creating a positive outlook for the market. Apart from this, the continuous development and innovation in autonomous vehicles and advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS), the expansion of cloud computing infrastructure, and the growing trend of outsourcing computational tasks are propelling the market growth. Other factors, such as the rising adoption of GPU-accelerated analytics and data processing in the finance, healthcare, and scientific research sectors and the surging demand for energy-efficient GPUs, are fueling the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global graphic processing unit (GPU) market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, devices, and industry.
- Discreet GPUs
- Integrated GPUs
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the graphic processing unit (GPU) market based on the type. This includes discreet GPUs and integrated GPUs. According to the report, integrated GPUs represented the largest segment.
- Gaming Consoles
A detailed breakup and analysis of the graphic processing unit (GPU) market based on the devices has also been provided in the report. This includes computer, tablet, smartphone, gaming consoles, televisions, and others. According to the report, smartphone accounted for the largest market share.
- IT and Telecommunication
- Defense and Intelligence
- Media and Entertainment
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the graphic processing unit (GPU) market based on the industry. This includes electronics, IT and telecommunication, defense and intelligence, media and entertainment, and others. According to the report, electronics represented the largest segment.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for graphic processing unit (GPU). Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific graphic processing unit (GPU) market included increasing investments in artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML), rapid technological advancements, and strategic partnerships among key players.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global graphic processing unit (GPU) market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Advanced Micro Devices Inc., Arm Limted (Soft Bank Group), Imagination Technologies Ltd., Intel Corporation, Nvidia Corporation, Qualcomm Technologies Inc, Sapphire Technology Limited, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
||Discreet GPUs, Integrated GPUs
||Computer, Tablet, Smartphone, Gaming Consoles, Television, Others
||Electronics, IT and Telecommunication, Defense and Intelligence, Media and Entertainment, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Advanced Micro Devices Inc., Arm Limted (Soft Bank Group), Imagination Technologies Ltd., Intel Corporation, Nvidia Corporation, Qualcomm Technologies Inc, Sapphire Technology Limited, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global graphic processing unit (GPU) market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global graphic processing unit (GPU) market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global graphic processing unit (GPU) market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive graphic processing unit (GPU) market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the graphic processing unit (GPU) market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the devices?
- Which is the most attractive devices in the graphic processing unit (GPU) market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the industry?
- Which is the most attractive industry in the graphic processing unit (GPU) market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global graphic processing unit (GPU) market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global graphic processing unit (GPU) market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the graphic processing unit (GPU) market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global graphic processing unit (GPU) market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the graphic processing unit (GPU) industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.