The global handheld surgical instruments market size reached US$ 5.7 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 8.8 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 7.41% during 2023-2028. The rising demand for aesthetic surgeries, the widespread product utilization in various routine surgical procedures, and incorporation of three-dimensional (3D) printing technology represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Handheld surgical instruments are non-powered devices used by clinicians to perform various surgical procedures. It includes forceps, scalpels, dilators, graspers, scissors, curette, Kerrison, needle driver, trocar, dermatome, and cannulas. They are manufactured using lightweight, durable, corrosion-resistant, and easy-to-sterile materials, such as stainless steel, titanium, tungsten carbide, polyetheretherketone (PEEK), nitinol, and ceramics. Handheld surgical instruments are widely used for dissecting, cutting, suturing, and clamping in orthopaedic, cardiology, ophthalmology, gynecology, and neurosurgery surgeries. They are safe, cost-effective, user-friendly, long-lasting, and versatile products that enhance efficiency, increase precision and improve patient outcomes. Handheld surgical instruments are also ergonomically designed, that help to reduce fatigue and strain on hands during long procedures. As a result, they are extensively used in hospitals, specialized clinics, and ambulatory surgical centers.
Handheld Surgical Instruments Market Trends:
The rising demand for aesthetic surgeries across the globe, due to the increasing expenditure capacities of consumers and growing social media influence, across the globe is creating a positive outlook for the market. Handheld surgical instruments are widely used in various plastic surgery procedures, such as facelifts, body contouring, rhinoplasty, and reconstructive surgeries, to remove excess skin and fat, manipulate soft tissues, reshape body parts, and refine the appearance. Furthermore, the widespread product utilization in various routine surgical procedures, including fracture repair, valve replacement, spine decompression, cataract removal, corneal transplant, hernia repair, hysterectomies, and endometrial biopsies is providing an impetus to the market growth. In addition to this, the increasing prevalence of chronic diseases, such as cardiovascular, neurological, urological, cancer, and infectious diseases that require surgical intervention, are acting as another growth-inducing factor. Additionally, the incorporation of three-dimensional (3D) printing technology to design and fabricate handheld surgical instruments, which, in turn, reduces cost, accelerates production, and allows surgeon-specific modifications, is positively influencing the market growth. Apart from this, the introduction of disposable instruments that are convenient, ready-to-use, and minimize the risk of cross-contamination and infections is favoring the market growth. Moreover, the widespread product utilization in minimally invasive surgeries (MIS) as they enhance surgical dexterity, increase precision, and improve movement in confined spaces is propelling the market growth. Other factors, including the rising geriatric population, significant growth in the healthcare industry, and increasing investment in the research and development (R&D) of innovative products, are anticipated to drive the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global handheld surgical instruments market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product, application, and end user.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the handheld surgical instruments market based on the product. This includes forceps, retractors, dilators, graspers, scalpels, cannulas, dermatome, trocars, and others. According to the report, forceps represented the largest segment.
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Wound Care
- Thoracic Surgery
- Urology and Gynecology Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
A detailed breakup and analysis of the handheld surgical instruments market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes orthopedic surgery, cardiology, ophthalmology, wound care, audiology, thoracic surgery, urology and gynecology surgery, plastic surgery, neurosurgery, and others. According to the report, orthopedic surgery accounted for the largest market share.
End User Insights:
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
A detailed breakup and analysis of the handheld surgical instruments market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes hospitals, clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, and others. According to the report, hospitals accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for handheld surgical instruments. Some of the factors driving the North America handheld surgical instruments market included increasing surgical procedures, significant growth in the healthcare industry, and various technological advancements.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global handheld surgical instruments market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Aspen Surgical, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Becton Dickinson and Company, CooperSurgical Inc. (The Cooper Companies Inc.), Integra LifeSciences, Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic plc, Thompson Surgical Instruments Inc., Zimmer Biomet, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- End User
||Forceps, Retractors, Dilators, Graspers, Scalpels, Cannulas, Dermatome, Trocars, Others
||Orthopedic Surgery, Cardiology, Ophthalmology, Wound Care, Audiology, Thoracic Surgery, Urology and Gynecology Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Others
|End Users Covered
||Hospitals, Clinics, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Others
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Aspen Surgical, B. Braun Melsungen AG, Becton Dickinson and Company, CooperSurgical Inc. (The Cooper Companies Inc.), Integra LifeSciences, Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic plc, Thompson Surgical Instruments Inc., Zimmer Biomet, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global handheld surgical instruments market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global handheld surgical instruments market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global handheld surgical instruments market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive handheld surgical instruments market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- Which is the most attractive product in the handheld surgical instruments market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the handheld surgical instruments market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the handheld surgical instruments market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global handheld surgical instruments market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global handheld surgical instruments market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the handheld surgical instruments market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global handheld surgical instruments market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the handheld surgical instruments industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.