The global heat not burn (HNB) tobacco market size reached US$ 21.5 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 162.8 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 24.44% during 2024-2032. The cost-effectiveness of the product, wide availability through offline and online distribution channels, and the growing prevalence of diseases due to chewing tobacco and cigarettes represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Market Size in 2023
|US$ 21.5 Billion
Market Forecast in 2032
|US$ 162.8 Billion
|Market Growth Rate 2024-2032
Heat not burn (HNB) tobacco is an electronic device that contains tobacco. It heats tobacco without burning and creates an aerosol that the user inhales. It comprises a carbon tip wrapped in glass fibers that do not cause the product to create ash or burn down in size. It uses real tobacco, not flavored liquid nicotine, as compared to e-cigarettes. It allows users to experience the sensation of smoking a regular cigarette without inhaling combusted tobacco. HNB tobacco can help reduce the risk of tobacco-related harm for adult smokers who switch from combusted cigarettes. It delivers reduced toxicity, lowers levels of harmful chemicals, and causes minimal impact on lung or heart health as compared to regular cigarettes. As they assist in reducing oxidative stress, inflammation, and deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) damage, the demand for HNB tobacco is rising across the globe.
Heat Not Burn (HNB) Tobacco Market Trends:
At present, the increasing demand for HNB tobacco products due to their low and effective pricing represents one of the key factors supporting the growth of the market. Besides this, there is a rise in the demand for HNB products on account of the growing consumption of tobacco products with minimal nicotine content among smokers. This, along with the increasing awareness among the masses about the harmful impacts of smoking traditional cigarettes, is offering lucrative growth opportunities to industry investors. In addition, key market players are focusing on new marketing strategies to increase the sales of their products and highlight various benefits of using HNB tobacco products. They are also organizing advertising campaigns that encourage people to limit the habit of smoking cigarettes that rely on tobacco. Moreover, there is an increase in the demand for reduced risk products (RRPs) to minimize the dangerous side effects of burning tobacco. This, coupled with the growing prevalence of diseases due to chewing tobacco and cigarettes, is positively influencing the market. Apart from this, the wide availability of HNB tobacco products through offline and online distribution channels, along with the burgeoning e-commerce industry around the world, is propelling the growth of the market. Additionally, governing agencies of various countries are approving the sale of HNB tobacco products, which is strengthening the growth of the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global heat not burn (HNB) tobacco market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2024-2032. Our report has categorized the market based on product and distribution channel.
- Direct/Indirect Heating
- Tobacco Capsules and Cartridges
- Tobacco Sticks
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the heat not burn (HNB) tobacco market based on the product. This includes devices (direct/indirect heating and hybrid/infused) and consumables (tobacco capsules and cartridges and tobacco sticks). According to the report, devices (direct/indirect heating and hybrid/infused) represented the largest segment.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Offline Stores
- Convenience Stores
- Tobacco Shops
- Grocery Shops
- Drug Shops
- Online Stores
A detailed breakup and analysis of the heat not burn (HNB) tobacco market based on the distribution channel has also been provided in the report. This includes offline stores (convenience stores, tobacco shops, grocery shops, drug shops, and others) and online stores. According to the report, offline stores (convenience stores, tobacco shops, grocery shops, drug shops, and others) accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for heat not burn (HNB) tobacco. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific heat not burn (HNB) tobacco market included the growing consumption of IQOS brand heat-not-burn devices, rising number of smokers, inflating income levels of individuals, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global heat not burn (HNB) tobacco market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include British American Tobacco plc, HiTaste, Imperial Brands PLC, Japan Tobacco Inc., Philip Morris International Inc., Shenzhen Royal Tobacco Industrial Limited, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
- Devices: Direct/Indirect Heating, Hybrid/Infused
- Consumables: Tobacco Capsules and Cartridges, Tobacco Sticks
|Distribution Channels Covered
- Offline Stores: Convenience Stores, Tobacco Shops, Grocery Shops, Drug Shops, Others
- Online Stores:
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||British American Tobacco plc, HiTaste, Imperial Brands PLC, Japan Tobacco Inc., Philip Morris International Inc., Shenzhen Royal Tobacco Industrial Limited, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global heat not burn (HNB) tobacco market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global heat not burn (HNB) tobacco market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global heat not burn (HNB) tobacco market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive heat not burn (HNB) tobacco market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- Which is the most attractive product in the heat not burn (HNB) tobacco market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- Which is the most attractive distribution channel in the heat not burn (HNB) tobacco market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global heat not burn (HNB) tobacco market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global heat not burn (HNB) tobacco market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the heat not burn (HNB) tobacco market from 2018-2032.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global heat not burn (HNB) tobacco market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the heat not burn (HNB) tobacco industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.