The global high-throughput satellite market size reached US$ 9.9 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 30.9 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 20.80% during 2023-2028.
High-throughput satellite (HTS) refers to a type of satellite with a higher capacity of the orbital spectrum, which reduces the cost per bit significantly. HTS is enabled by the spot beam technology that enables the re-use of frequencies across multiple narrow-focused spot beams. With these satellites, a high level of frequency re-use is ensured with spot beams that cover smaller regions and provide separate signals, thus allowing for higher spectral efficiency and speed. They provide several advantages, including improved security, scalability, and reliability, along with minimal network latency. As a result, these satellites are instrumental in providing extensive capacity for data transfers in broadband services.
High-throughput Satellite Market Trends:
The market is majorly driven by a considerable rise in the utilization of high-throughput satellite constellations in a wide range of end-use industries, such as IT and ITES, military and defense, and telecommunication. This can be attributed to the increasing adoption of satellite communication in the Internet of Things (IoT) for improved connectivity framework. In addition to this, numerous product innovations, including VSAT, satcom-on-the-move, and satcom-on-the-pause, are providing an impetus to the market. Moreover, rapid digitization resulting in a higher demand for internet bandwidth is also acting as a significant growth-inducing factor for the market. Besides this, the rising popularity of cloud-based gaming, media streaming, and networking that require faster data transfer are impacting the market positively. Apart from this, the escalating demand for in-flight mobile connectivity is resulting in a higher uptake of high-throughput satellites. Furthermore, continual technological advancements in satellite networks for internet penetration in remote regions are creating a positive outlook for the market. Some of the other factors bolstering the market growth include the advent of high-speed 5G network, rapid urbanization and industrialization, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global high-throughput satellite market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type and application.
Breakup by Type:
- Power System
- Attitude Control System
- Propulsion System
Breakup by Application:
- Cellular Backhaul
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being Hughes Network Systems LLC (EchoStar Corporation), Thales Alenia Space (Thales Group, Leonardo S.p.A.) and The Boeing Company. Kindly, note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Type, Application, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Hughes Network Systems LLC (EchoStar Corporation), Thales Alenia Space (Thales Group, Leonardo S.p.A.) and The Boeing Company.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global high-throughput satellite market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global high-throughput satellite market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global high-throughput satellite market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the high-throughput satellite market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global high-throughput satellite market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the high-throughput satellite industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.