The global home healthcare market size reached US$ 360.2 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 599.9 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 9.02% during 2023-2028.
Home healthcare involves a range of medical or non-medical professional services that allow caregivers to offer various nursing, medical and physical therapies to patients in residential settings to treat injuries or diseases. It uses mobility care, therapeutic diagnostic, medical kits, and common dose administration equipment as standard devices that are used in rehabilitation, infusion, and respiratory therapies. As compared to hospitals, home healthcare is more cost-effective and comfortable and provides better treatment outcomes, intensive care, and access to nurses, friends, and family during psychological trauma or surgeries. Apart from this, it supports activities of daily living, ensures medication management, reduces the risk of infections, offers customized and personalized services, and improves health with initial treatments. As a result, home healthcare is extensively utilized by clinics, hospitals, and sole traders to deliver quality and treat cancer, wound care, diabetes, and hypertension indications.
Home Healthcare Market Trends:
The increasing prevalence of various chronic and cardiovascular disorders (CVDs) due to the growing instances of communicable diseases amongst individuals, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic, is primarily driving the market growth. In line with this, the rising need for effective treatments at reduced hospitalization costs, such as telehealth, and the escalating shortages of intensive care units (ICUs) in hospitals are acting as other growth-inducing factors. Additionally, the advent of several home healthcare monitoring technologies, including pulse oximeters and temperature and blood pressure assessment solutions, along with the integration of the Internet of Things (IoT), point-of-care devices, and wearable gadgets, are propelling the market growth. Moreover, the ongoing development of at-home diagnostics kits with self-administered testing solutions and the fueling consumer awareness regarding its easy availability are favoring the market growth. Apart from this, significant enhancements in the healthcare infrastructure, favorable government reimbursements, and the emergence of home nursing care systems are positively augmenting the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global home healthcare market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product, service and indication.
Breakup by Product:
- Therapeutic Products
- Testing, Screening, and Monitoring Products
- Mobility Care Products
Breakup by Service:
- Skilled Nursing
- Rehabilitation Therapy
- Hospice & Palliative Care
- Unskilled Care
- Respiratory Therapy
- Infusion Therapy
- Pregnancy Care
Breakup by Indication:
- Respiratory Diseases
- Movement Disorders
- Cardiovascular Diseases & Hypertension
- Wound Care
- Hearing Disorders
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being A&D Company Limited, Addus HomeCare Corporation, Amedisys Inc., B. Braun Melsungen AG, Baxter International Inc., Becton Dickinson and Company, Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGaA, Invacare Corporation, Koninklijke Philips N.V., McKesson Corporation, Medline Industries LP, OMRON Healthcare Inc. (Omron Corporation) and ResMed Inc. Kindly, note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Product, Service, Indication, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||A&D Company Limited, Addus HomeCare Corporation, Amedisys Inc., B. Braun Melsungen AG, Baxter International Inc., Becton Dickinson and Company, Fresenius Medical Care AG & Co. KGaA, Invacare Corporation, Koninklijke Philips N.V., McKesson Corporation, Medline Industries LP, OMRON Healthcare Inc. (Omron Corporation) and ResMed Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global home healthcare market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global home healthcare market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the service?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the indication?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the global home healthcare market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the home healthcare market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global home healthcare market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the home healthcare industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.