The global hydroxychloroquine market size reached US$ 1.4 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 2.5 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.98% during 2024-2032. The growing need to reduce pain and swelling, rising prevalence of malaria, and wide availability through various distribution channels represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Market Size in 2023
|US$ 1.4 Billion
Market Forecast in 2032
|US$ 2.5 Billion
|Market Growth Rate 2024-2032
Hydroxychloroquine (C18H26ClN3O) refers to a disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drug (DMARD) that is designed to regulate the activity of the immune system. It is widely available in tablet form and different dosages capacity, such as 200, 300, and 400 mg. It is cost-effective and can be consumed as a part of combination therapy with any other drug. It has immunosuppressive, anti-autophagy, and antimalarial properties that destroy germs and bacteria and prevent several diseases. It can easily modify the underlying disease process, rather than only treating the symptoms among individuals, and assists in lowering the number of disease flares. Besides this, it aids in reducing the number of antigens cells in the skin and delays the absorption of ultraviolet (UV) light. As it is widely utilized to treat or prevent several health problems, such as rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE), juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA), malaria, and coronavirus (covid-19) among individuals, the demand for C18H26ClN3O is rising across the globe.
Hydroxychloroquine Market Trends:
At present, the increasing adoption of C18H26ClN3O due to the rising prevalence of malaria cases among the masses around the world represents one of the key factors supporting the growth of the market. Besides this, the growing demand for C18H26ClN3O, as it has fewer side effects with improved health results, is positively influencing the market. Additionally, the rising adoption of C18H26ClN3O, as it assists in reducing pain, swelling, and joint stiffness among individuals, is impelling the growth of the market. Apart from this, increasing number of various autoimmune diseases among the masses worldwide is propelling the growth of the market. In addition, the rising utilization of C18H26ClN3O to treat porphyria cutanea tarda wherein an individual suffer from a painful and blistering skin due to sensitivity to sunlight, is offering lucrative growth opportunities to industry investors. Moreover, governing agencies of various countries are developing healthcare infrastructure across the globe, which is offering a favorable market outlook. In line with this, the wide availability of C18H26ClN3O through online and offline pharmacy stores around the world is contributing to the growth of the market. Furthermore, the increasing demand for C18H26ClN3O, as it aids in decreasing disease flares among individuals, is bolstering the growth of the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global hydroxychloroquine market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country levels from 2024-2032. Our report has categorized the market based on dosage type, distribution, application, grade and route of administration.
Dosage Type Insights:
- 200 Mg
- 300 Mg
- 400 Mg
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the hydroxychloroquine market based on the dosage type. This includes 200 mg, 300 mg, 400 mg, and others.
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
A detailed breakup and analysis of the hydroxychloroquine market based on the distribution has also been provided in the report. This includes hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and others. According to the report, hospital pharmacies accounted for the largest market share.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Lupus Erythematosus
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
A detailed breakup and analysis of the hydroxychloroquine market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes rheumatoid arthritis, lupus erythematosus, malaria, coronavirus (COVID-19), and others. According to the report, malaria accounted for the largest market share.
- USP Standards Grade
- EP Standards Grade
- Pharmaceutical Standards Grade
A detailed breakup and analysis of the hydroxychloroquine market based on the grade has also been provided in the report. This includes USP standards grade, EP standards grade, pharmaceutical standards grade, and others.
Route of Administration Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the hydroxychloroquine market based on the route of administration has also been provided in the report. This includes oral and intravenous. According to the report, oral accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others) was the largest market for hydroxychloroquine. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific hydroxychloroquine market included the growing demand for generic medications, favorable government initiatives, rising cases of malaria in the region, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global hydroxychloroquine market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Amneal Pharmaceuticals Inc., Cipla Ltd., Ipca Laboratories Ltd., Laurus Labs, Lupin Limited, Mylan N.V., Prasco Laboratories, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd., Sanofi S.A., Teva Pharmaceuticals USA Inc. (Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.), Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Zydus Lifesciences Limited, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Dosage Type, Distribution, Application, Grade, Route of Administration, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Amneal Pharmaceuticals Inc., Cipla Ltd., Ipca Laboratories Ltd., Laurus Labs, Lupin Limited, Mylan N.V., Prasco Laboratories, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd., Sanofi S.A., Teva Pharmaceuticals USA Inc. (Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.), Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd. and Zydus Lifesciences Limited
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global hydroxychloroquine market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global hydroxychloroquine market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global hydroxychloroquine market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive hydroxychloroquine market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the dosage type?
- Which is the most attractive dosage type in the hydroxychloroquine market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution?
- Which is the most attractive distribution in the hydroxychloroquine market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the hydroxychloroquine market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the grade?
- Which is the most attractive grade in the hydroxychloroquine market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the route of administration?
- Which is the most attractive route of administration in the hydroxychloroquine market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global hydroxychloroquine market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global hydroxychloroquine market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the hydroxychloroquine market from 2018-2032.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global hydroxychloroquine market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the hydroxychloroquine industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.