The global hypercholesterolemia market size reached US$ 15.26 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 37.22 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 15.74% during 2023-2028. Rising health consciousness, increasing geriatric population, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities represent some of the key factors driving the market growth.
Hypercholesterolemia is a lipid disorder known for an excess of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) in the blood. Some of the common conditions that lead to hypercholesterolemia are diabetes, polycystic ovary syndrome, underactive thyroid gland, and kidney diseases. It is a long-term condition, and chest pain, shortness of breath, extreme fatigue, and muscle weakness are some of the most common symptoms. Hypercholesterolemia is a serious life-threatening ailment wherein drugs are used to decrease the level of bad cholesterol in the blood while reducing the liver’s production of harmful cholesterol. These drugs help stabilize the plaques on blood vessel walls and reduce the risk of certain blood clots. They also reduce the risk of a heart attack or stroke and dysfunction in the blood vessels.
Hypercholesterolemia Market Trends:
The growing prevalence of hypercholesterolemia due to the rising unhealthy lifestyle among the masses is one of the key factors driving the market growth. In line with this, the increasing geriatric population that is susceptible to cardiovascular disorders (CVDs) and various other chronic diseases, such as diabetes, kidney complications, and thyroid problems, is favoring the market growth. Moreover, the rising health consciousness and the increasing awareness regarding the available treatment alternatives for hypercholesterolemia are acting as other growth-inducing factors. Along with this, the introduction of various drugs and therapies to achieve near-normal lipid profiles in hypercholesterolemia patients and reduce the risk of CVDs occurrence in patients is providing a considerable boost to the market growth. Apart from this, the development of novel drug classes with enhanced efficacy and safety profile is providing an impetus to the market growth. Additionally, the launch of various combination therapies with other cholesterol-diminishing compounds to treat hypercholesterolemia is positively influencing the market growth. Besides this, the widespread adoption of statins due to their several advantages, such as enhanced endothelial function, decreased oxidative stress-induced cell damage, increased atherosclerotic plaque stability, and reduced inflammation is facilitating the market growth. Other factors, including overall improvements in the healthcare infrastructure, extensive research, and development (R&D) activities for developing novel drugs, and the increasing number of familial hypercholesterolemia patients, are anticipated to drive the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global hypercholesterolemia market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, diagnosis and treatment, patient, and end user.
- Type 1
- Type 2A
- Type 2B
- Type 3
- Type 4
- Type 5
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the hypercholesterolemia market based on the type. This includes type 1, 2A, 2B, 3, 4, 5 and others.
Diagnosis and Treatment Insights:
- Cholesterol Test
- Genetic Testing
- Bile Acid Resins
- Fibric Acid Derivatives
- Cholesterol Absorption Inhibitors
- PCSK9 Inhibitors
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the hypercholesterolemia market based on the diagnosis and treatment. This includes diagnosis (cholesterol test and genetic testing) and treatment (statins, niacin, bile acid resins, fibric acid derivatives, cholesterol absorption inhibitors, PCSK9 inhibitors and others).
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the hypercholesterolemia market based on the patient. This includes pediatric, adult, and geriatric.
End User Insights:
- Specialty Clinics
- Home Healthcare
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the hypercholesterolemia market based on the end user. This includes hospitals, specialty clinics, home healthcare and others. According to the report, hospitals represented the largest segment.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for hypercholesterolemia. Some of the factors driving the North America hypercholesterolemia market included its growing prevalence of hypercholesterolemia, increasing geriatric population, and rising unhealthy lifestyle among the masses.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global hypercholesterolemia market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include Amgen Inc., Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, Lupin Limited, Novartis AG, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Type, Diagnosis and Treatment, Patient, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Amgen Inc., Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, Lupin Limited, Novartis AG, Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global hypercholesterolemia market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global hypercholesterolemia market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive hypercholesterolemia markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the diagnosis and treatment?
- What is the breakup of the market based on patient?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What is the competitive structure of the global hypercholesterolemia market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global hypercholesterolemia market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the hypercholesterolemia market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global hypercholesterolemia market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the hypercholesterolemia industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.