The global immune checkpoint inhibitors market size reached US$ 36.6 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 97.3 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 17.19% during 2023-2028. The rising prevalence of various cancers, increasing incidences of respiratory disorders, and the growing preference for personalized medicines represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Immune checkpoint inhibitors are drugs utilized for treating cancer by inhibiting specific proteins made by immune system cells, such as T cells and cancer cells. They are either used alone or in combination with other cancer treatments, such as chemotherapy and radiation therapy to enhance treatment outcomes. They aid in enhancing the quality of life for cancer patients by reducing the symptoms of the disease and extending their survival. Immune checkpoint inhibitors target specific pathways in the immune system, which enables a more targeted approach to cancer treatment. These inhibitors have a lower toxicity profile that leads to fewer side effects and better tolerance to patients as compared to traditional chemotherapy. At present, the rising use of next-generation sequencing technologies that enables the identification of specific genetic mutations in cancer cells is catalyzing the demand for immune checkpoint inhibitors across the globe.
Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors Market Trends:
The surging prevalence of various cancers among individuals, such as melanoma, liver, kidney, and gastric, represents one of the major factors driving the demand for immune checkpoint inhibitors around the world. Moreover, the increasing aging population, which is more prone to develop such severe cancers and the rising prevalence of obesity is favoring the market growth. In addition, there is an increase in the incidences of respiratory disorders on account of the rising consumption of alcoholic beverages and tobacco-based products. This, coupled with the growing numbers of weight-related health concerns on account of unhealthy eating habits and sedentary lifestyles, is influencing the market positively. Apart from this, the surging occurrence of various genetic and lifestyle diseases and the increasing awareness among individuals and healthcare professionals about the benefits of early diagnosis and treatment of cancer is propelling the growth of the market. Furthermore, the expanding number of clinical trials by pharmaceutical companies and the rising preference for personalized medicines and new generation drugs and formulations are propelling the growth of the market. Besides this, the growing focus of leading players on strategic collaborations and new product developments to expand their product portfolio and gain a competitive edge is creating a positive outlook for the market. Additionally, significant improvements in medical infrastructure and diagnostic technologies are anticipated to strengthen the growth of the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global immune checkpoint inhibitors market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, distribution channel, and application.
- CTLA-4 Inhibitor
- PD-1 Inhibitor
- PD-L1 Inhibitor
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the immune checkpoint inhibitors market based on the type. This includes CTLA-4 inhibitor, PD-1 inhibitor, and PD-L1 inhibitor. According to the report, PD-1 inhibitor represented the largest segment.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
A detailed breakup and analysis of the immune checkpoint inhibitors market based on the distribution channel has also been provided in the report. This includes hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies. According to the report, hospital pharmacies accounted for the largest market share.
- Lung Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Hodgkin Lymphoma
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the immune checkpoint inhibitors market based on the application. This includes lung cancer, bladder cancer, melanoma, colorectal cancer, Hodgkin lymphoma, and others. According to the report, lung cancer represented the largest segment.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for immune checkpoint inhibitors. Some of the factors driving the North America immune checkpoint inhibitors market included the increasing aging population, presence of a well-established healthcare infrastructure, rising research and development (R&D) activities, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global immune checkpoint inhibitors market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include AstraZeneca plc, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, GSK plc, Merck & Co. Inc., Ono Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., Pfizer Inc., Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc., Seagen Inc., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||CTLA-4 Inhibitor, PD-1 Inhibitor, PD-L1 Inhibitor
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, Online Pharmacies
||Lung Cancer, Bladder Cancer, Melanoma, Colorectal Cancer, Hodgkin Lymphoma, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||AstraZeneca plc, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, GSK plc, Merck & Co. Inc., Ono Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd., Pfizer Inc., Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc., Seagen Inc., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global immune checkpoint inhibitors market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global immune checkpoint inhibitors market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global immune checkpoint inhibitors market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive immune checkpoint inhibitors market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the immune checkpoint inhibitors market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- Which is the most attractive distribution channel in the immune checkpoint inhibitors market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the immune checkpoint inhibitors market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global immune checkpoint inhibitors market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global immune checkpoint inhibitors market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the immune checkpoint inhibitors market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global immune checkpoint inhibitors market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the immune checkpoint inhibitors industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.