The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “India Incense Sticks (Agarbatti & Dhoop) Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the India incense sticks (agarbatti & dhoop) market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.8% during 2023-2028. Incense sticks (agarbatti and dhoop) are biotic materials that release aromatic smoke when burned. They aremanufactured from bamboo sticks, charcoal dust, sawdust paste, fragrant oils, water, and adhesives. They are also composed of extracts of the Commiphorawightii tree, along with herbs, ghee, and essential oils. Incense sticks are burned as a common part of various customs and rituals that purify the bad air, fill the surrounding with positive energy, and eliminate negative energy from the atmosphere. The fragrance of incense sticks offers calming effects and isalso used as an insect repellent. As a result, these sticks are increasingly used across temples, churches, mosques, and monasteries.
India Incense Sticks (Agarbatti & Dhoop) Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the growing use of incense-based products to perform various religious activities. Incense sticks are utilized for spiritual, aesthetics, meditation, yoga, and healing purposes. Besides this, the increasing number of temples across India is significantly influencing the demand for incense sticks. Moreover, several key manufacturers are introducing newfragrances, such as lemongrass, cinnamon, strawberry, coffee chocolate, green tea, and jasmine. They are also developing low-cost and low-smoke product variants, which are gaining popularity among the population. Furthermore, the unique fragrances and superior quality offered by incense stick makers are helping the industry carve a niche for itself across the globe, thereby increasing the export activities from India. Some of the other factors, such as inflating tourism, rising disposable incomes, low labor cost and the easy availability of raw materials, are also driving the market further.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into agarbatti and dhoop.
- On the basis of the demographics, the market has been classified into urban and rural areas.
- The market has been categorized based on the distribution channel into retail, departmental, specialized, online, and other stores.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North, South, East, and West India.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being B. V. Aswathiah & Bros, Hari Darshan Sevashram Private Limited, Hem Corporation Private Limited, ITC Limited, Moksh Agarbattis Company, Mysore Deep Perfumery House (MDPH), N. Ranga Rao & Sons Private Limited, Patanjali Ayurved Limited, and Shree Kalpana Perfumery Works Private Limited.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800