The global incinerator market was worth US$ 12.1 Billion in 2017. Incineration is a technology used for the treatment of waste products by combusting the organic substances present in it. Waste materials combusted in this process are converted into residual ash, fly gas (from incombustible materials), and heat. Incinerators are great waste management tools and the heat produced during the process is further used in the generation of electricity. To ensure safe and efficient operations, the furnace used during the combustion process is automatically monitored and controlled. Incinerators help curb down the solid mass of waste by almost 80-85% and the total volume by 95-96% which substantially reduces the requisite volume of disposal. Various types of incinerators that are currently available in the market include rotary kiln, fluidized bed, liquid injection, multiple hearth, catalytic combustion, waste gas flare, direct-flame, etc. Incinerators are mostly used for the management of chemical wastes, medical wastes, sewage incineration, agricultural wastes, building and municipality wastes, etc. Apart from this, thermal incinerators are used to reduce the waste from rector vents, distillation vents, solvent operations, and operations conducted in ovens and dryers.
Catalyzed by better waste management and the ability to handle a large quantity of the total waste generated in urban areas, the demand of various types of incinerators is undergoing strong growth. Moreover, the demand of incinerators is also being driven by a decline in the availability of landfills and the ability of incinerators to deal with artificial and non-organic waste. Additionally, incinerators keep a check on the rising levels of soil pollution, thereby minimizing the hazardous effects of untreated waste on the environment. Moreover, facilities carrying out the incineration process can be located close to the center of gravity of waste generation, as a result reducing the cost of waste transportation. Other factors that are currently driving this market include production of energy as a byproduct, uncontaminated groundwater, low carbon footprint, lower land requirements, etc. Looking forward, the market value is projected to exceed US$ 15.8 Billion by 2023, exhibiting a CAGR of more than 4.6% during 2018-2023.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into moving grate; static hearth, furnace and multiple hearth; rotary kiln; and fluidized bed. Moving grate currently represents the biggest segment.
- Based on the end-use, the market has been segmented into municipal sector and industrial sector.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America. Asia Pacific currently represents the biggest market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being Babcock & Wilcox Co., Covanta Energy Corp., Suez Environnement Co. S.A., Constructions industrielles de la Méditerranée S.A, Gershman, Brickner & Bratton, Inc., EEW Energy from Waste Gmbh, Martin Gmbh, Wheelabrator Technologies and Novo Energy, LLC.
This report provides a deep insight into the global incinerator market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the incinerator market in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global incinerator market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global incinerator industry?
- What are the key end-user segments in the global incinerator industry?
- What are the key product types in the global incinerator industry?
- What are the price trends of incinerators?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global incinerator market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global incinerator market?
- What is the structure of the global incinerator market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global incinerator market?