The India craft beer market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 27.12% during 2023-2028. The changing consumer dietary preferences due to the growing health consciousness, the increasing experimentation for gluten-free or organic beers, and the rising number of direct-to-consumer sales are among the key factors driving the market growth.
Craft beer exemplifies the artistry and innovation behind brewing, providing an appealing alternative to mass-produced beers. It embraces diversity, flavor, and creativity, distinguishing itself through the commitment of small, independent, and traditional breweries. It sets itself apart by prioritizing quality, taste, and the meticulous techniques employed during the brewing process. Unlike commercial beers, craft breweries prioritize excellence rather than mass production, utilizing premium ingredients to craft a wide range of beer styles. From the beloved IPA and stout to rediscovered ancient ales and inventive hybrids, craft beer offers a multitude of options. These brews often exhibit richer and more intricate flavors, as craft brewers fearlessly experiment with unconventional ingredients and brewing methods. Despite the vast array of styles, all craft beers share a common essence: they are the result of dedication, skill, and an unwavering pursuit of brewing perfection. Craft breweries have brought new life to traditional styles such as IPAs, stouts, and lagers while also reviving forgotten or ancient beer recipes. Moreover, they fearlessly experiment with unconventional ingredients, pushing the boundaries of flavor profiles and brewing methods. This constant exploration and innovation contribute to the diverse and dynamic landscape of craft beer, where each sip offers a unique and captivating experience.
India Craft Beer Market Trends:
India is witnessing rapid urbanization, with a significant portion of the population residing in urban areas. Urban centers have become hubs for the craft beer industry, with a greater concentration of breweries, brewpubs, and bars catering to the preferences of urban dwellers. Millennials have played a crucial role in driving the demand for craft beer. This demographic cohort values unique experiences, experimentation, and authenticity, making craft beer an attractive choice for them. Along with this, craft breweries are increasingly partnering with retail chains, supermarkets, and e-commerce platforms to reach a wider audience. Therefore, the expansion of distribution channels has made craft beer more accessible to consumers across different regions of India. Moreover, the rise of experiential consumption, where consumers value the experience of consuming a product as much as the product itself, has propelled the demand for craft beer. Craft breweries provide a unique and immersive experience, combining beer consumption with ambiance, food pairing, and socializing, which further drives the market growth. Moreover, the Indian government has taken steps to support the growth of the craft beer industry. Several states have implemented favorable regulations, such as reducing excise duties and licensing requirements, for microbreweries and brewpubs. These regulatory changes have encouraged the establishment of craft breweries and created a conducive environment for their operation and expansion.
India Craft Beer Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the India craft beer market report, along with forecasts at the country level for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product type, age group, and distribution channel.
Product Type Insights:
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the product type. This includes ales, lagers, and others.
Age Group Insights:
- 21–35 Years Old
- 40–54 Years Old
- 55 Years and Above
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the age group has also been provided in the report. This includes 21–35 years old, 40–54 years old, and 55 years and above.
Distribution Channel Insights:
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the distribution channel. This includes on-trade and off-trade.
- South India
- North India
- West & Central India
- East India
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include South India, North India, West and Central India, and East India.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Product Type
- Age Group
- Distribution Channel
|Product Types Covered
||Ales, Lagers, Others
|Age Groups Covered
||21–35 Years Old, 40–54 Years Old, 55 Years and Above
|Distribution Channels Covered
||South India, North India, West and Central India, East India
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2299
Five User License: US$ 3399
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the India craft beer market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the India craft beer market?
- What is the breakup of the India craft beer market on the basis of product type?
- What is the breakup of the India craft beer market on the basis of age group?
- What is the breakup of the India craft beer market on the basis of distribution channel?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the India craft beer market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the India craft beer market?
- What is the structure of the India craft beer market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the India craft beer market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the India craft beer market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the India craft beer market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the India craft beer industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.