According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "India Essential Oil Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the India essential oil market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.74% during 2023-2028. Essential oil refers to a liquid extract that is generally obtained from various plants utilized for relieving headaches and promoting relaxation. It is prepared by pressing or steaming various parts of the plant, such as fruits, barks, leaves or flowers, in order to obtain compounds that produce fragrance. It contains a higher level of active ingredients that attribute a strong smell, thereby making it an ideal component of aromatherapy. It is widely available in India in multiple variants that differ on the basis of scents and quality, generally ranging from pure to diluted essential oils.
India Essential Oil Market Trends:
The market in India is primarily driven by the increasing product demand for medical applications. Moreover, the growing popularity of aromatherapy among the masses due to the stressful lifestyle led by working professionals is creating a positive market outlook. Additionally, the escalating utilization of essential oils in the formulation of cosmetics and personal care products is providing a boost to the market. Along with this, several leading players are heavily investing in the launching of essential oil-infused sanitizers on account of the rapid outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), which is gaining widespread prominence among individuals across the country. Apart from this, continuous improvements in the e-commerce infrastructure and the advent of home delivery models are considered to be major growth-inducing factors. Other factors, including the rising adoption of aroma diffusers and pots, the augmenting product utilization in the food and beverage sector, and the implementation of aggressive marketing strategies and innovative packaging solutions, are also favorably influencing the market growth across India.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been segregated into cedarwood, eucalyptus, lavender, lemongrass, rosemary, tea tree, ylang ylang and other oils.
- Based on the application, the market has been classified into medical (pharmaceutical and nutraceuticals), food and beverages (bakery and confectionery, beverages, meat, poultry and seafood, and others), spa and relaxation (aromatherapy, personal care, cosmetics, toiletries and others), cleaning (kitchen cleaners, floor cleaners, bathroom cleaner and others) and others.
- On the basis of the sales channel, the market has been bifurcated into offline and online channels.
- Based on the region, the market has been divided into North India, West and Central India, South India, and East India.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Application, Sales Channel, Region
||North India, West and Central India, South India, East India
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2299
Five User License: US$ 3399
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800