The India fintech market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 20.3% during 2023-2028. The rising adoption of mobile phones, increasing government initiatives, growing lending platforms, widespread application of robot-advisors and artificial intelligence (AI) and the introduction of insurance technology represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Fintech or financial technology is the innovative use of technology to provide financial services and solutions. It encompasses a wide range of applications, including digital payments, online lending, robot-advisors, blockchain-based systems, and more. Fintech simplifies financial processes, enhancing access to financial services and fostering efficiency. It offers greater user convenience, reduced business operational costs, increased financial inclusion for underserved populations, and improved transparency and security through advanced encryption and authentication methods. Fintech is characterized by its agility and scalability, allowing startups and established financial institutions to adapt to changing market demands and technological advancements quickly. Its properties also include the potential to streamline regulatory compliance through automated reporting and monitoring tools.
India Fintech Market Trends:
The increasing application of fintech in the country due to the rising adoption of mobile phones and growing internet penetration are major factors creating a positive outlook for the market. In line with this, the widespread utilization of mobile-based payment platforms allowing individuals to conduct transactions, pay bills, and easily transfer funds is propelling the market growth. Additionally, the increasing initiatives by the Government of India (GoI) towards a digital economy, such as the unified payments interface (UPI) and the Aadhaar-based identification system, facilitating secure and efficient digital transactions, are providing a considerable boost to the market growth. Moreover, the increasing utilization of peer-to-peer (P2P) lending platforms connecting borrowers with individual lenders, reducing dependency on traditional financial institutions, is acting as a growth-inducing factor. In addition to this, the widespread application of robot-advisors, powered by algorithms and artificial intelligence (AI), offering personalized investment advice and portfolio management services to various consumers is propelling the market growth. Furthermore, the introduction of insurance technology (insurtech), leveraging data analytics and digital platforms to simplify insurance purchasing, claims processing, and policy management, is providing an impetus to the market growth. Besides this, the increasing regulations by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), introducing frameworks and guidelines to ensure consumer protection, data security, and healthy competition within the fintech ecosystem, is strengthening the market growth. Apart from this, the growing popularity of fintech platforms among micro, small, and medium enterprises (MSMEs) in India for easy access to credit, efficient invoice management, and supply chain financing, supporting entrepreneurship and contributing to the economic growth is providing remunerative opportunities for the market growth.
India Fintech Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the India fintech market report, along with forecasts at the country level for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on deployment mode, technology, application, and end user.
Deployment Mode Insights:
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the deployment mode. This includes on-premises and cloud-based.
- Application Programming Interface
- Artificial Intelligence
- Robotic Process Automation
- Data Analytics
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the technology. This includes application programming interface, artificial intelligence, blockchain, robotic process automation, data analytics, and others.
- Payment and Fund Transfer
- Insurance and Personal Finance
- Wealth Management
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes payment and fund transfer, loans, insurance and personal finance, wealth management, and others.
End User Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes banking, insurance, securities, and others.
- North India
- South India
- West and Central India
- East India
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North India, South India, West and Central India, and East India.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
India Fintech Market Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Deployment Mode
- End User
|Deployment Modes Covered
||Application Programming Interface, Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, Robotic Process Automation, Data Analytics, Others
||Payment and Fund Transfer, Loans, Insurance and Personal Finance, Wealth Management, Others
|End Users Covered
||Banking, Insurance, Securities, Others
||North India, South India, West and Central India, East India
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2299
Five User License: US$ 3399
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the India fintech market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the India fintech market?
- What is the breakup of the India fintech market on the basis of deployment mode?
- What is the breakup of the India fintech market on the basis of technology?
- What is the breakup of the India fintech market on the basis of application?
- What is the breakup of the India fintech market on the basis of end user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the India fintech market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the India fintech market?
- What is the structure of the India fintech market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the India fintech market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the India fintech market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the India fintech market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the India fintech industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.