The India nickel market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.50% during 2023-2028. The growing product demand in the construction and automotive sectors, the rising consumer electronics usage, government initiatives to promote domestic electronics manufacturing, and the development of technologies for efficient product extraction represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Nickel is a versatile metallic element known for its strength, corrosion resistance, ductility, and high melting point. It is recognized as one of the most essential materials in the manufacturing sector, making its market dynamics pivotal to various industries. It is a transition metal, is abundantly available in the Earth's crust, and holds significant importance in various industries. One of its crucial applications is in the aerospace industry, where its high strength and resistance to extreme temperatures make it ideal for manufacturing aircraft components and jet engines. Nickel-based superalloys are extensively used in the aerospace sector, enabling the construction of durable and efficient aircraft. As a vital alloying element, nickel enhances the properties of many metals, contributing to the production of stainless steel, a material with wide-ranging applications across diverse sectors. It is also central to the production of a range of other metal alloys, electronics, and batteries, especially rechargeable ones used in electric vehicles (EVs) and many consumer electronics, plating, and catalysts. Additionally, its thermal and electrical conductivity properties make it invaluable in electronics manufacturing. Therefore, nickel's unique properties and wide applicability place it at the core of numerous industrial operations and end-use products.
India Nickel Market Trends:
India's nickel market is witnessing strong growth, driven by the country's expanding stainless-steel industry. As nickel is a critical ingredient in the production of stainless steel, growing demand for the latter, particularly in the construction and automotive sectors, invariably boosts the market for nickel. Along with this, the escalating adoption of electric vehicles (EVs) in India is another significant factor bolstering the nickel market. Nickel-metal-hydride (NiMH) and lithium-ion batteries, used extensively in EVs, rely heavily on nickel, creating a rise in demand. With the Indian government's push for electric mobility and lower emissions, this trend is set to continue. In addition, India's rapidly growing electronics industry also fuels the nickel market, given nickel's importance in electronic components and devices for its thermal and electrical conductivity. Moreover, the accelerating consumer electronics usage and government initiatives to promote domestic electronics manufacturing are positively influencing the market. Simultaneously, sustainability trends are influencing the nickel market, leading to calls for responsible sourcing and processing of the metal. Apart from this, the rise of nickel recycling initiatives and the development of technologies for the efficient and eco-friendly extraction and processing of nickel represent significant market trends. Furthermore, the additional influence of sustainability trends is creating a positive market outlook.
India Nickel Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the India nickel market report, along with forecasts at the country level for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product type, application, and end use industry.
Product Type Insights:
- Class I Products
- Class II Products
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the product type. This includes class I products and class II products.
- Stainless Steel and Alloy Steel
- Non-Ferrous Alloys and Superalloys
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the application have also been provided in the report. This includes stainless steel and alloy steel, non-ferrous alloys and superalloys, electroplating, casting, batteries, and others.
End Use Industry Insights:
- Transportation and Defense
- Fabricated Metal Products
- Electrical and Electronics
- Consumer Durables
- Industrial Machinery
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the end use industry. This includes transportation and defense, fabricated metal products, electrical and electronics, chemical, petrochemical, construction, consumer durables, industrial machinery, and others.
- South India
- North India
- West & Central India
- East India
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include South India, North India, West & Central India, and East India.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
India Nickel Market Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Product Type
- End Use Industry
|Product Types Covered
||Class I Products, Class II Products
||Stainless Steel and Alloy Steel, Non-Ferrous Alloys and Superalloys, Electroplating, Casting, Batteries, Others
|End Use Industries Covered
||Transportation And Defense, Fabricated Metal Products, Electrical and Electronics, Chemical, Petrochemical, Construction, Consumer Durables, Industrial Machinery, Others
||South India, North India, West and Central India, East India
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2299
Five User License: US$ 3399
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the India nickel market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the India nickel market?
- What is the breakup of the India nickel market on the basis of product type?
- What is the breakup of the India nickel market on the basis of application?
- What is the breakup of the India nickel market on the basis of end use industry?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the India nickel market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the India nickel market?
- What is the structure of the India nickel market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the India nickel market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the India nickel market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the India nickel market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the India nickel industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.