The India recycled plastics market size reached US$ 3,553 Million in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 5,020 Million by 2027, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 5.8% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use industries. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Plastic recycling refers to the procedure of collecting and reprocessing post-industrial plastic into useful products. Some of the common types of plastics include polyethylene terephthalate (PET), high-density polyethylene (HDPE), polypropylene (PP), and low-density polyethylene (LDPE). The generated waste goes through five stages, namely, sorting, washing, shredding, identification and classification, and extruding. Plastic recycling aims to reduce plastic pollution, minimize landfill dependence, conserve resources, and prevent greenhouse gas emissions.
The growing environmental consciousness and rising awareness regarding the harmful effects of plastic waste are majorly driving the recycled plastic market growth in India. Due to rapid industrialization, growing population, and continuous product innovations, plastic is extensively used in various end-use industries, which is further contributing to the market growth in the country. Additionally, the Government of India (GoI) is implementing policies and introducing recycling programs for controlling waste production and promoting sustainable plastic disposable solutions. Moreover, technological innovations, such as the adoption of artificial intelligence (AI) for sorting plastic waste and enhance the quality of recycled products, are positively influencing the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the India recycled plastics market report, along with forecasts at the country and regional level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on plastic type, raw material and application.
Breakup by Plastic Type:
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- Polypropylene (PP)
- Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE)
Breakup by Raw Material:
- Plastic Bottles
- Plastic Films
- Rigid Plastic and Foam
Breakup by Application:
- Non-Food Contact Packaging
- Food Contact Packaging
Breakup by Region:
- North India
- West and Central India
- South India
- East India
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Plastic Type, Raw Material, Application, Region
||North India, West and Central India, South India, East India
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2299
Five User License: US$ 3399
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the India recycled plastics market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the India recycled plastics market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the plastic type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the raw material?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the India recycled plastics market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?