The Indian warehouse market was worth INR 615 Billion in 2019. Warehousing involves storage of goods and merchandise in order to protect the quality and quantity of the stored products awaiting future use. It is an integral part of the logistics value chain, forming the node, which allows for collection, sorting and dissemination of goods within the supply chain. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the Indian warehouse market to exhibit moderate growth during 2020-2025.
Several factors like the country’s changing tax regime, growth across major industries such as automobiles, food, agriculture, pharmaceuticals, FMCG and the emergence of organized retail have supported the growth of the warehousing industry in India.
Indian Warehouse Market: Drivers
- Export/import cargo which are the key drivers of the warehousing segment are expected to witness a strong growth in the coming years. We expect India’s share in the global trade to double in the next five years creating a positive impact on the warehousing market.
- We expect traditional growth driving sectors such as agriculture and manufacturing (textile and auto ancillary) to continue driving the demand in the coming years.
- A number of new growth drivers such as organized retail, information technology, telecommunications and healthcare are also expected to create a strong demand in the coming years.
- We expect a significant proportion of investments in warehousing to be made towards free trade warehousing zones (FTWZs) and logistic parks.
- Based on the sector, the market has been segmented into the industrial sector and the agriculture sector.
- Based on the ownership, the market has been segmented as private warehouses, public warehouses and bonded warehouses.
- Based on the type of commodity stored, the market has been segmented as general warehouses, speciality warehouses and refrigerated warehouses.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined in the report and the profiles of key players have also been provided.
This report provides a deep insight into the Indian warehouse market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the Indian warehouse market in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the India warehouse market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Indian warehouse market?
- What is the breakup of the Indian warehouse market on the basis of sector?
- What is the breakup of the Indian warehouse market on the basis of ownership?
- What is the breakup of the Indian warehouse market on the basis of type of commodities stored?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the Indian warehouse market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Indian warehouse market?
- What is the structure of the Indian warehouse market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the Indian warehouse market?