According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Indian Aluminium Powder Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the Indian aluminium powder market reached a volume of 41,448.8 Tons in 2022. Aluminium powder is a silvery-white to gray colored reactive powder that is obtained by grinding aluminium sheets in the presence of a food-grade fatty acid. It is then collected and graded on the basis of the particle size. The powder is highly reactive, inflammable and undergoes vigorous exothermic reactions when oxidized. As a result, it is widely utilized in the manufacturing of fireworks and explosives. It is also resistant to corrosion, light in weight and cost-efficient in nature. Consequently, it is extensively employed across numerous industry verticals for the production of printing inks, paints, sealants, glitters, reflective roof coatings and aerated autoclaved concrete.
Indian Aluminium Powder Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the growing utilization of aluminium powder across diverse industry verticals, including mining, chemical, military, aerospace, automotive and construction sectors, in India. The increasing applications of the product in commercial mining explosions across the country are providing a thrust to the market growth. This, coupled with the significant growth in the mining sector, is catalyzing the market growth further. Aluminium powder is also used in the formulation of silver metallic paints that are witnessing an escalated demand from the printing, cosmetics and packaging industries. This metallic powder is extensively used in the automotive sector for the manufacturing of automobile paints and sealants, which is acting as another major growth-inducing factor. The increasing sales of vehicles across India on account of inflating disposable incomes and the rising middle-class population is creating a positive outlook for the market. The market is further driven by the rising demand for the product from the construction sector, wherein aluminium powder forms an essential component in the production of lightweight concrete. It is also employed as an air entraining agent that is used to increase the volume of the mixture and minimize the dead weight of the concrete. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to exhibit a CAGR of 6.2% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the end-use, the pyrotechnics industry exhibits a clear dominance in the market. Some of the other segments include paints, cosmetics, pesticides and chemicals.
- Based on the technology, air-atomization accounts for the majority of the total market share.
- On the basis of the raw material, the market has been bifurcated into aluminum ingots and scrap, wherein aluminum ingots represent the biggest market segment.
- Based on the furnace type, the oil-fired furnace is the leading market segment. Some of the other segments include gas-fired and electric furnaces.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segmented into North India, South India, West India and East India. At present, South India holds the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Metal Powder Company Limited (MEPCO), MMP Industries Ltd., and Arasan Aluminium Industries (P) Ltd., Sri Kaliswari, and SunArk.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||'000 US$, Tons
||End-Use, Technology, Raw Material, Furnace Type, Region
|| North India, South India, East India, West India
||MEPCO, MMPIL, Arasan, Sri Kaliswari and SunArk
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2299
Five User License: US$ 3399
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal