A new report released by IMARC Group provides a comprehensive insight into the competitive structure of the Indian dairy industry. According to the report, the market can be broken into two key segments – unorganised and organised. The unorganised segment consists of milk sold by traditional milkmen and vendors who collect milk individually from farmers and sell it to the consumers. The milk sold by these traditional milkmen is raw or unprocessed. The organized segment, on the other hand, consists of cooperatives and private dairies. Unlike the unorganized segment, cooperatives and private dairies have a well ordered channel of milk procurement and distribution. Milk is sourced from farmers through their collection centres at the village level. After the milk has been collected; it is processed, packed and then finally distributed. Cooperatives and private dairies sell their products to the customer through agents and retailers.
The report also finds that even the organised sector remains highly fragmented with most of the major cooperatives and private players having a presence in specific regions and states with GCMMF being the only player to have a pan India presence. The report cites various entry barriers which have enabled GCMMF to become a national player and has limited regional players to diversify beyond their core markets. Some of these barriers are milk procurement, transportation, product differentiation, customization, brand image, etc. The report has done a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape of the Indian dairy market and serves as an excellent guide for investors, consultants, manufacturers, researchers and anyone one who plans to enter the Indian dairy industry.
Key Segments Covered in this report?
- Liquid Milk
- UHT Milk
- Flavoured Milk
- Curd, Flavoured & Frozen Yoghurts
- Probiotic Products
- Lassi, Buttermilk
- Skimmed Milk Powder
- Dairy Whiteners
- Ice Cream
- Dairy Sweets
- Cream and Whey
Key Cooperatives Covered in This Report?
- Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd
- Mother Dairy Fruits & Vegetables Pvt Limited
- Karnataka Co-operative Milk Producers Federation Limited
- Rajasthan Cooperative Dairy Federation Ltd (RCDF)
- Tamilnadu Cooperative Milk Producers Federation Ltd (TCMPF)
- Punjab State Cooperative Milk Producers Federation Ltd (MILKFED)
- Orissa State Cooperative Milk Producers Federation Ltd (OMFED)
- Maharashtra RajyaSahakariDudhMahasanghMaraydit (Mahasangh)
- Bihar State Co-operative Milk Producers Federation Ltd (COMFED)
- Haryana Dairy Development Cooperative Federation Ltd. (HDDCF)
- Madhya Pradesh State Cooperative Dairy Federation Ltd (MPCDF)
- Pradeshik Cooperative Dairy Federation Ltd (PCDF)
Key Private Dairies Covered in this Report?
- Nestle India Limited
- Hatsun Agro Product Limited
- Tirumala Milk Products Pvt Ltd
- Milk Food Limited
- Heritage Foods India Limited
- VRS Foods Limited
- Bhole Baba Dairy Industries
- Kwality Ltd.
- Sterling Agro
- Parag Milk Foods
- SMC Foods Limited
Key Questions Answered in this Report?
- What are the shares of the organized and unorganized sectors in the Indian dairy market and its various segments?
- What are the capacities of various cooperatives and private players?
- What has been the financial performance of various cooperatives and private players?
- What is the product portfolio of various cooperatives and private players?
- Which companies are the leaders in the Indian dairy market?
- Which companies have the most diverse product portfolio in the Indian dairy market?
- What are the key success factors for manufacturers in the Indian dairy market?
- What are the key barriers to entry in the Indian dairy market?
- Who are the leading players in various dairy segments?
To buy the complete report or to get a free sample, please contact:
IMARC Group North America:
IMARC Group Europe, Middle East & Africa:
To know more please visit: https://www.imarcgroup.com/dairy-industry-in-india