According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “India Packaged Rice Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2028,” the India packaged rice market size reached 11.7 Million Tons in 2022. Packaged rice refers to an enclosed rice product packed in a protective layer to safeguard it against external tampering and chemical or biological contamination. It also assists in preserving and transporting rice grains to their desired location without affecting the taste, aroma, or quality. In India, packaged rice is gaining widespread popularity due to the rising disposable incomes and increasing health consciousness among consumers.
India Packaged Rice Market Trends:
The growing health consciousness among consumers regarding food safety and quality is one of the key factors driving the market growth. In addition, the increasing number of retail food outlets offering different varieties of packaged rice represents another major growth-inducing factor. Moreover, consumers are rapidly adopting an energy-rich, carbohydrate-based diet for reducing the risk of numerous chronic ailments, which is escalating the demand for packaged rice in India. Besides this, there has been significant growth in the living standards of individuals, particularly across tier 1 and 2 cities in India, which is further increasing the sales of packaged rice products. This, coupled with the implementation of favorable government initiatives to boost domestic rice production of the country, is positively influencing the market growth. Furthermore, the introduction of innovative packaging solutions, such as zip locks and flexible pouches, for convenient usage and easy storage is anticipated to propel the market growth. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market volume to reach 16.2 Million Tons by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.9% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been bifurcated into parboiled and basmati rice.
- Based on the packaging, the market has been classified into pouches, woven bags, and others.
- On the basis of the pack size, the market has been segmented into 5 kilograms, 1 kilogram, and others.
- The market has been categorized based on the distribution channel into general trade (convenience stores/kirana stores), modern trade (supermarkets/hypermarkets/specialty stores), online and e-commerce, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North India, West and Central India, South India, and East India.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, with some of the key players being Adani Wilmar Ltd., Aeroplane Rice Ltd., Amira Nature Foods Ltd., Baba Naga Agro Pvt. Ltd., Balashree Foods Pvt. Ltd., Chaman Lal Setia Exports Ltd., Future Consumer Limited, KRBL Limited, Lal Qilla (Amar Singh Chawal Wala), LT Foods, Patanjali Ayurved Limited, Shri Lal Mahal Group, Sriveda Sattva Pvt. Ltd. and VSR Foods.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product Type, Packaging, Pack Size, Distribution Channel, Region
||North India, South India, West and Central India, East India
||Adani Wilmar Ltd., Aeroplane Rice Ltd., Amira Nature Foods Ltd., Baba Naga Agro Pvt. Ltd., Balashree Foods Pvt. Ltd., Chaman Lal Setia Exports Ltd., Future Consumer Limited, KRBL Limited, Lal Qilla (Amar Singh Chawal Wala), LT Foods, Patanjali Ayurved Limited, Shri Lal Mahal Group, Sriveda Sattva Pvt. Ltd. and VSR Foods
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2299
Five User License: US$ 3399
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800