The global industrial ethernet market size reached US$ 11.5 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 20.2 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.29% during 2024-2032. The increasing usage in different industry verticals, rising awareness about the benefits of ordering food products online, and the growing demand for higher bandwidth connections represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Market Size in 2023
|US$ 11.5 Billion
Market Forecast in 2032
|US$ 20.2 Billion
|Market Growth Rate 2024-2032
Industrial ethernet (IE) is designed and implemented for use in industrial environments that involve the usage of standard ethernet protocols and technologies and incorporates additional features and considerations to meet the unique requirements of industrial applications. It is a network infrastructure that enables the integration of industrial automation systems, such as programmable logic controllers (PLCs), human-machine interfaces (HMIs), sensors, actuators, and other control devices. It offers high-speed data transfer rates at 100 Mbps or 1 Gbps, which enables the rapid exchange of large volumes of data between devices and systems. It also facilitates the exchange of data and information between different devices and systems, which enables enhanced process visibility, control, and automation to improve operational efficiency, reduce downtime, optimize resource utilization, and enhance productivity. It incorporates security features to protect industrial systems and data from unauthorized access, tampering, and cyber threats.
Industrial Ethernet Market Trends:
There is an increase in the adoption of IE in different industry verticals for real time control and monitoring complex processes. It also allows the easy exchange of critical data between distributed control systems (DCS), supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems, and various instruments and actuators. This represents one of the major factors strengthening the market growth around the world. Moreover, the rising use of IE in the transportation and logistics sectors for real-time tracking, monitoring, and controlling of vehicles, warehouses, and logistics systems is favoring the growth of the market. It also enables efficient communication between vehicle tracking systems, RFID (radio-frequency identification) readers, and inventory management systems. In addition, IE finds application in the food and beverage (F&B) industry to facilitate easy communication between production equipment, control systems, and manufacturing execution systems (MES) to ensure compliance with regulatory standards and optimize production efficiency. This, along with the growing awareness among individuals about the benefits of ordering food products through online portals, is influencing the market positively. Besides this, the emerging trend of automation, increasing demand for higher bandwidth connections, and the rising traction of Industry 4.0 are some of the other factors propelling the growth of the market. Furthermore, the growing number of data centers is creating a positive outlook for the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global industrial ethernet market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2024-2032. Our report has categorized the market based on offering, protocol, and end user.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the industrial ethernet market based on the offering. This includes hardware, software, and services. According to the report, hardware represented the largest segment.
- SERCOS III
A detailed breakup and analysis of the industrial ethernet market based on the protocol has also been provided in the report. This includes EtherNet/IP, EtherCAT, PROFINET, POWERLINK, SERCOS III, and others. According to the report, PROFINET accounted for the largest market share.
End User Insights:
- Automotive and Transportation
- Electrical and Electronics
- Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices
- Aerospace and Defense
- Energy and Power
- Oil and Gas
- Food and Beverages
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the industrial ethernet market based on the end user. This includes automotive and transportation, electrical and electronics, pharmaceutical and medical devices, aerospace and defense, energy and power, oil and gas, food and beverages, and others. According to the report, automotive and transportation represented the largest segment.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others) was the largest market for industrial ethernet. Some of the factors driving the Europe industrial ethernet market included expansion of IT industry, integration of advanced technologies, extensive research and development (R&D) activities, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global industrial ethernet market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include ABB Ltd., Advantech Co. Ltd., Beckhoff Automation, Belden Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Honeywell International Inc., Moxa Inc., OMRON Corporation, Rockwell Automation Inc., Schneider Electric SE, Siemens AG, Weidmüller GmbH & Co KG, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Hardware, Software, Services
||EtherNet/IP, EtherCAT, PROFINET, POWERLINK, SERCOS III, Others
|End Users Covered
||Automotive and Transportation, Electrical and Electronics, Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices, Aerospace and Defense, Energy and Power, Oil and Gas, Food and Beverages, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||ABB Ltd., Advantech Co. Ltd., Beckhoff Automation, Belden Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Honeywell International Inc., Moxa Inc., OMRON Corporation, Rockwell Automation Inc., Schneider Electric SE, Siemens AG, Weidmüller GmbH & Co KG, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global industrial ethernet market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global industrial ethernet market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global industrial ethernet market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive industrial ethernet market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the offering?
- Which is the most attractive offering in the industrial ethernet market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the protocol?
- Which is the most attractive protocol in the industrial ethernet market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user?
- What is the competitive structure of the global industrial ethernet market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global industrial ethernet market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the industrial ethernet market from 2018-2032.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global industrial ethernet market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the industrial ethernet industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.