According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "India Isabgol (Psyllium Husk) Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the India isabgol (psyllium husk) market reached a value of INR 339.2 Crore in 2021. Isabgol is a dietary fiber that exhibits a sweet and astringent taste and oily texture that is widely consumed to prevent digestive problems. It is obtained from the Plantago Ovata plant that promotes laxation and helps in relieving constipation. It is a rich source of numerous essential nutrients, such as protein, saturated fats, carbohydrates, sodium, iron and potassium. In India, there has been a considerable increase in the utilization of isabgol due to its numerous health benefits, such as aiding in the treatment of piles and anal fissures, regulating cholesterol levels and relieving acidity while helping in weight management.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
India Isabgol (Psyllium Husk) Market Trends:
The market in India is primarily driven by the increasing prevalence of gastrointestinal diseases among the masses. This is due to the changing dietary patterns of individuals, the sedentary lifestyle led by working professionals and the rising geriatric population across the country. Moreover, the widespread awareness regarding the health benefits of isabgol, along with the growing health consciousness among individuals, is providing a boost to the market growth. Since isabgol help in preventing irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) due to its anti-inflammatory property, this is creating a positive market outlook. In line with this, numerous leading players are heavily investing in launching skincare products infused with isabgol, which are gaining prominence among the masses. Additionally, continuous improvements in the agriculture industry and several government initiatives to upgrade the overall irrigation facilities in order to improve the domestic production of isabgol, thereby contributing to the growth of the market. The market in India is further driven by the advent of online pharmacies across the country and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of INR 562.64 Crore by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 9.0% during 2022-2027.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been categorized into conventional and organic.
- Based on the form, the market has been classified into whole, powder and dust.
- Based on the pack, the market has been bifurcated into box and others.
- On the basis of the pack size, the market has been segmented into 50gm, 100gm, 200gm and others.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been segregated into supermarket/hypermarket, specialty stores, convenience stores and others.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into East India (West Bengal, Bihar, Orissa, Jharkhand and others), North India (Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Delhi NCR, Punjab, Haryana and others), West & Central India (Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Gujrat and others) and South India (Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and others).
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these key players include Baidyanath, Dabur India Limited, Giriraj Enterprises, Karnataka Antibiotics & Pharmaceutical Limited, Organic India, Patanjali, Satnam Psyllium Industries, The Sidhpur Sat-Isabgol Factory, Unjha Formulations Ltd., and Vraj Psyllium.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800