The Japan craft beer market size is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 13.14% during 2024-2032. The growing consumption of alcohol, rising number of bars and pubs, and increasing occurrence of craft beer events and festivals providing a platform for craft breweries represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Growth Rate 2024-2032
Craft beer refers to a type of beer that is produced by independent breweries using traditional and innovative brewing methods. It is known for its emphasis on quality, flavor, and distinctiveness and made by selecting high-quality ingredients, such as malted grains (such as barley) and hops, which are milled and mixed with water and yeast to ferment and produce alcohol. It offers various options, including pale ales, India pale ale (IPAs), stouts, and porters. It can be enjoyed on its own or paired with a variety of foods, as it complements and enhances different flavors. It helps the agriculture sector to grow as hops and malts are used as raw materials that are grown and sold by local farmers. Furthermore, as craft beer contributes to local economies and promotes sustainability, its demand is increasing in Japan.
Japan Craft Beer Market Trends:
At present, the rising demand for craft beer due to the increasing consumer demand represents one of the crucial factors influencing the market positively in Japan. Moreover, the rising consumption of alcohol among the masses to cope with work-related stress, anxiety, and depression is strengthening the growth of the market in the country. Apart from this, the growing number of individuals showing a greater interest in craft beer and exploring different beer styles and flavors is offering a positive market outlook. Additionally, the rising occurrence of craft beer events and festivals providing a platform for craft breweries to showcase their products, create brand awareness, and engage directly with consumers is offering lucrative growth opportunities to industry investors in the country. In line with this, the increasing number of craft breweries sourcing their ingredients locally to maintain the high quality of beer is impelling the market growth in the country. Besides this, governing agencies are easing regulations and licensing requirements for craft breweries and providing financial assistance and tax incentives. In addition, the increasing number of craft beer manufacturers adopting sustainable measures to minimize wastage and reduce their carbon footprint is bolstering the growth of the market in the country. Furthermore, the rising number of restaurants, fast food centers, pubs, and bars serving premium quality craft beer to consumers is contributing to the growth of the market in Japan.
Japan Craft Beer Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the Japan craft beer market report, along with forecasts at the country level for 2024-2032. Our report has categorized the market based on product type, age group, and distribution channel.
Product Type Insights:
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the product type. This includes ales, lagers, and others.
Age Group Insights:
- 21-35 Years Old
- 40-54 Years Old
- 55 Years and Above
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the age group has also been provided in the report. This includes 21-35 years old, 40-54 years old, and 55 years and above.
Distribution Channel Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the distribution channel has also been provided in the report. This includes on-trade and off-trade.
- Kanto Region
- Kinki Region
- Central/Chubu Region
- Kyushu-Okinawa Region
- Tohoku Region
- Chugoku Region
- Hokkaido Region
- Shikoku Region
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include Kanto Region, Kinki Region, Central/ Chubu Region, Kyushu-Okinawa Region, Tohoku Region, Chugoku Region, Hokkaido Region, and Shikoku Region.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the Japan craft beer market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
Japan Craft Beer Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Product Type
- Age Group
- Distribution Channel
|Product Types Covered
||Ales, Lagers, Others
|Age Groups Covered
||21-35 Years Old, 40-54 Years Old, 55 Years and Above
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Kanto Region, Kinki Region, Central/ Chubu Region, Kyushu-Okinawa Region, Tohoku Region, Chugoku Region, Hokkaido Region, and Shikoku Region
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Japan craft beer market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Japan craft beer market?
- What is the breakup of the Japan craft beer market on the basis of product type?
- What is the breakup of the Japan craft beer market on the basis of age group?
- What is the breakup of the Japan craft beer market on the basis of distribution channel?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the Japan craft beer market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Japan craft beer market?
- What is the structure of the Japan craft beer market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the Japan craft beer market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the Japan craft beer market from 2018-2032.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the Japan craft beer market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the Japan craft beer industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.