The Japan Esports market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 14.01% during 2023-2028. The rising popularity of competitive gaming and esports events, increasing investments from major gaming companies, and favorable government initiatives and policies represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Esports, short for electronic sports, refers to a form of competitive gaming where professional players and teams compete against each other in various video game titles. This phenomenon has rapidly evolved over the past few decades, transforming video gaming from a casual pastime into a full-fledged industry with a global audience. In esports, players engage in organized tournaments and competitions, often in team-based formats, across a wide range of genres such as first-person shooters, real-time strategy, multiplayer online battle arenas (MOBAs), sports simulations, and more. These events are typically streamed live on online platforms, including Twitch, YouTube, and others, attracting millions of viewers from around the world. Just like traditional sports, esports has its own professional players, coaches, team managers, and dedicated fan base. Players showcase their skills, reflexes, and strategic thinking, aiming to outperform their opponents and secure victory in high-stakes tournaments with substantial prize pools. Some top esports players have achieved celebrity status and enjoy lucrative endorsement deals. The international appeal of esports has led to global tournaments and world championships that unite players and fans from different countries, fostering a sense of camaraderie and sportsmanship. In recent years, esports has become a melting pot of talent from diverse backgrounds, bridging cultures and nationalities through a shared passion for gaming.
Japan Esports Market Trends:
Japan’s strong gaming culture and technological advancements represent the primary factors driving the market growth. Moreover, the rising popularity of competitive gaming among the youth is generating interest in esports events and competitions. Apart from this, heavy investments in infrastructure and sponsorships as major gaming companies and brands have recognized the immense potential in Japanese esports, thereby fueling market growth. Additionally, the increasing support of the Japanese government through initiatives and policies to promote esports as a viable industry has accelerated the product adoption rate. Besides this, the international appeal of Japanese esports promotes cross-cultural exchanges and attracts global tournaments, thereby propelling market growth. In addition, the rising cultural acceptance and normalization of esports have catalyzed market growth. Furthermore, the establishment of professional teams and dedicated esports arenas in Japan has strengthened the local ecosystem, attracting both players and enthusiastic fans, which in turn, is contributing to the market growth. Along with this, the escalating collaborations between esports organizations and traditional sports leagues represents another major growth-inducing factor. Other factors, including the growing popularity of mobile gaming and esports on smartphones, the integration of esports events into mainstream media, and strategic partnerships between esports organizations and renowned brands, are also anticipated to drive the market further.
Japan Esports Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the Japan esports market report, along with forecasts at the country level for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on revenue model, platform, and game.
Revenue Model Insights:
- Media Rights
- Advertising and Sponsorships
- Merchandise and Tickets
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the revenue model. This includes media rights, advertising and sponsorships, merchandise and tickets, and others.
- PC-based Esports
- Consoles-based Esports
- Mobile and Tablets
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the platform has also been provided in the report. This includes PC-based Esports, consoles-based esports, and mobile and tablets.
- Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA)
- Player vs Players (PvP)
- First Person Shooters (FPS)
- Real Time Strategy (RTS)
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the games. This includes multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA), player vs players (PvP), first person shooters (FPS), and real time strategy (RTS).
- Kanto Region
- Kinki Region
- Central/ Chubu Region
- Kyushu-Okinawa Region
- Tohoku Region
- Chugoku Region
- Hokkaido Region
- Shikoku Region
A detailed breakup and analysis of the Japan online gambling market has been provided based on region. This includes Kanto, Kinki, Central/Chubu, Kyushu-Okinawa, Tohoku, Chugoku, Hokkaido, and Shikoku region.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
Japan Esports Market Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Revenue Model
|Revenue Models Covered
||Media Rights, Advertising and Sponsorships, Merchandise and Tickets, Others
||PC-based Esports, Consoles-based Esports, Mobile and Tablets
||Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA), Player vs Players (PvP), First Person Shooters (FPS), Real Time Strategy (RTS)
||Kanto Region, Kinki Region, Central/ Chubu Region, Kyushu-Okinawa Region, Tohoku Region, Chugoku Region, Hokkaido Region, Shikoku Region
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Japan Esports market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Japan Esports market?
- What is the breakup of the Japan Esports market on the basis of revenue model?
- What is the breakup of the Japan Esports market on the basis of platform?
- What is the breakup of the Japan Esports market on the basis of games?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the Japan Esports market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Japan Esports market?
- What is the structure of the Japan Esports market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the Japan Esports market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the Japan Esports market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the Japan Esports market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the Japan Esports industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.