The Japan geographic information system (GIS) market is currently witnessing strong growth. The geographic information system (GIS) is software designed for gathering, managing, and examining data associated with the position of the earth’s surface. It integrates various data formats, including digital, photographic and cartographic data, which enables the users to understand topographical information. It is commonly utilized for navigation, environmental impact surveys, disaster management and mitigation, landslide hazard zonation, transportation planning, mapping, accident analysis, and rerouting design. Consequently, it is widely employed in the transportation, oil and gas, mining, power, real estate and defense sectors across Japan.
The escalating demand for advanced solutions across the real estate, transportation, military, and agriculture sectors represents one of the primary factors bolstering the GIS market growth in Japan. Apart from this, governing agencies in the country are investing in smart cities to gain a better insight into geospatial patterns, which is driving the market growth. Moreover, the growing popularity of automated vehicles, coupled with the increasing penetration of IoT-based devices, is positively influencing the adoption of GIS in traffic management, altering road closures, route planning, in-car navigation and predicting traffic. Furthermore, the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak is offering numerous opportunities to leading players as GIS is being used in data integration to prepare, strategize and control the spread of the pandemic across the country. Looking forward, the market is expected to continue its robust growth during the forecast period (2021-2026).
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the Japan geographic information system (GIS) market report, along with forecasts for growth at the region level from 2021-2026. Our report has categorized the market based on region, component, function, device and end use industry.
Breakup by Component:
Breakup by Function:
- Telematics and Navigation
- Location-Based Services
Breakup by Device:
Breakup by End Use Industry:
- Oil and Gas
Breakup by Region:
- Kanto Region
- Kinki Region
- Central/ Chubu Region
- Kyushu-Okinawa Region
- Tohoku Region
- Chugoku Region
- Hokkaido Region
- Shikoku Region
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Japan geographic information system (GIS) market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Japan geographic information system (GIS) market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the component?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the function?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the device?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end use industry?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the Japan geographic information system (GIS) market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?