The global kefir market size reached US$ 2,031 Million in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 3,466 Million by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.1% during 2024-2032. The rising preference for healthy snacks and drinks, the increasing number of lactose intolerant people, and the growing awareness among individuals regarding probiotic drinks represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Market Size in 2023
|US$ 2,031 Million
Market Forecast in 2032
|US$ 3,466 Million
|Market Growth Rate 2024-2032
Kefir is a fermented milk drink that has been consumed for centuries and is becoming increasingly popular in the health food industry. It is made by adding kefir grains, which look like small white or yellow clumps, to milk and allowing it to ferment for 24 to 48 hours. During fermentation, the yeast and bacteria in the kefir grains consume lactose in the milk and produce lactic acid, giving kefir a tangy flavor. It has numerous health benefits, including improving digestion, boosting the immune system, and reducing inflammation. It is also a good source of protein, calcium, and other essential nutrients, making it an excellent addition to a healthy diet. In addition, it contains a range of probiotics that can help to support gut health and improve overall digestion. Besides, kefir can be made from cow's milk, goat's milk, or non-dairy milk such as coconut or soy milk, making it suitable for vegan or lactose-intolerant individuals. Moreover, it can be consumed plain or flavored with fruit, honey, or other sweeteners. Owing to these benefits, kefir is widely consumed by health-conscious consumers across the globe.
Kefir Market Trends:
The global kefir market is primarily driven by the growing consumer preference for natural, healthy, and functional foods. Nowadays, consumers are becoming aware of the benefits of consuming probiotics and fermented foods. In addition, the increasing prevalence of lactose intolerance and dairy allergies among individuals represents another major growth-inducing factor. Kefir can be made with non-dairy alternatives like coconut, soy, and almond milk, making it a suitable option for those who are unable to consume dairy products. Besides this, with the sudden outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic, consumers are shifting toward probiotic drinks and seeking products that can support their immune systems and overall health. This, coupled with the availability of kefir products in a variety of formats, such as ready-to-drink bottles, powders, and capsules, has made it more accessible to consumers, thus propelling the market growth. Moreover, key players are launching innovative product variants in various flavors to expand their consumer base. For instance, Biotiful Dairy Ltd. recently launched a plant-based oat kefir drink in mango and strawberry flavors enriched with live cultures, vitamins B12 and B2 and no sugar or artificial ingredients. The brand also introduced the kefir cold brew coffee to attract health-conscious consumers. On account of these factors, the market is expected to witness positive growth in the coming years.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global kefir market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2024-2032. Our report has categorized the market based on nature, category, product type, and distribution channel.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the kefir market based on the nature. This includes conventional and organic.
- Flavored Kefir
- Non-Flavored Kefir
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the kefir market based on the category. This includes flavored and non-flavored kefir.
Product Type Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the kefir market based on the product type has also been provided in the report. This includes milk and water kefir.
Distribution Channel Insights:
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the kefir market based on the distribution channel. This includes offline and online.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global kefir market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Biotiful Dairy Ltd., Green Valley Creamery, Liberte Les Produits De Marque Inc., Lifeway Foods, Inc., Maple Hill Creamery, LLC., Nestlé S.A., Redwood Hill Farm & Creamery, Valio Ltd., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Product Type
- Distribution Channel
||Flavored Kefir, Non-Flavored Kefir
|Product Types Covered
||Milk Kefir , Water Kefir
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Offline , Online
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Biotiful Dairy Ltd., Green Valley Creamery, Liberte Les Produits De Marque Inc., Lifeway Foods, Inc., Maple Hill Creamery, LLC., Nestlé S.A., Redwood Hill Farm & Creamery, Valio Ltd., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global kefir market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global kefir market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global kefir market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive kefir market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the nature?
- Which is the most attractive nature in the kefir market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the category?
- Which is the most attractive category in the kefir market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- Which is the most attractive product type in the kefir market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on distribution channel?
- Which is the most attractive distribution channel in the kefir market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global kefir market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global kefir market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the kefir market from 2018-2032.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global kefir market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the kefir industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.