The global kiln shell scanner market size reached US$ 22.3 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 26.1 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 2.5% during 2023-2028. The increasing adoption of wireless technology, the widespread product utilization in the cement industry, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities represent some of the key factors driving the market.
A kiln shell scanner is a high-performance thermal detector used to monitor a kiln shell in real time to ensure it operates efficiently. It displays the complete temperature profile of the kiln and gives early warning of hot spots indicative of refractory failure. It consists of an infrared scanner head, a data processing unit, and software. A kiln shell scanner is widely used to monitor and report the overall condition of the refractory materials lining the kiln. It also helps calculate the kiln distortion induced by temperature changes over the shell to infer the cyclical overloads and associated stresses suffered by the shell, tires, and roller stations. As a result, kiln shell scanner finds extensive applications across the minerals, cement, paper, and pulp industries.
Kiln Shell Scanner Market Trends:
The increasing utilization of wireless technology for kiln shell scanners is one of the key factors driving the market growth. Wireless kiln shell scanners are widely preferred over conventional data collection methods that involve manual inspections with handheld thermometers and pyrometers and are highly inefficient and potentially dangerous. In addition to this, end users are adopting wireless devices that can be placed in close proximity and collect accurate real-time data, they also offer advantages, such as the convenience of operations, increased speed of industrial data transmissions, untethered operations, easy access to hazardous areas, and an overall reduction in operational costs which is favoring the market growth. Moreover, the widespread product utilization in the cement industry to obtain vital information on cement, limestone, and gypsum materials, extraction, and preparation is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Apart from this, the introduction of cloud-enabled software in the kiln shell scanner technology, which enables an interactive platform for end-users with multiple options and constant real-time input, helps detect defects in shell lining, and facilitates better decision-making, is providing an impetus to the market growth. Additionally, kiln shell scanners ensure the collection of data in a cost-effective manner, which, in turn, ensure smooth and uninterrupted production for end users. This, along with other factors, including extensive research and development (R&D) activities, the increasing need to minimize kiln downtime, rising concerns over safety standards, and the widespread product utilization in the paper and pulp industry, is creating a positive outlook for the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global kiln shell scanner market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, applications, and end user.
- Standard Scanner
- Stereo Scanner
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the kiln shell scanner market based on the type. This includes standard and stereo scanners. According to the report, standard scanner represented the largest segment.
- On-Line Measurement
- Preventative Maintenance
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the kiln shell scanner market based on the applications. This includes on-line measurement and preventative maintenance. According to the report, on-line measurement represented the largest segment.
End User Insights:
- Minerals Industry
- Cement Industry
- Pulp and Paper Industry
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the kiln shell scanner market based on the end user. This includes minerals, cement, and pulp, and paper industries. According to the report, minerals industry represented the largest segment.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for kiln shell scanners. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific kiln shell scanner market included rising extensive research and development (R&D) activities, technological advancements, and the widespread product utilization in the cement industry.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global kiln shell scanner market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include AMETEK Land, Flsmidth & Co. A/S, HGH Infrared Systems, Syn-Fab, Thermoteknix Systems Ltd., ThyssenKrupp AG, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Types Covered
||Standard Scanner, Stereo Scanner
||On-Line Measurement, Preventative Maintenance
|End Users Covered
||Minerals Industry, Cement Industry, Pulp and Paper Industry
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||AMETEK Land, Flsmidth & Co. A/S, HGH Infrared Systems, Syn-Fab, Thermoteknix Systems Ltd., ThyssenKrupp AG, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global kiln shell scanner market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global kiln shell scanner market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive kiln shell scanner markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the applications?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product end user?
- What is the competitive structure of the global kiln shell scanner market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global kiln shell scanner market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the kiln shell scanner market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global kiln shell scanner market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the kiln shell scanner industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.