Market Overview 2022-2027:
The global lactose powder market reached a volume of 892 Kilotons in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach 1,092 Kilotons by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 3.46% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different end use industries. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Lactose is naturally found in milk and milk-based products. It is a vital component of whey and aids in optimizing milk calcium usage by improving intestinal absorption and dairy protein assimilation. Lactose powder is a white, inert and water-soluble substance that is obtained from milk and has a pH value of seven. It comprises sugar, glucose and galactose molecules, and functions as an excellent source of instant energy. Currently, there is an increase in the consumption of nutritious food and beverages on account of the rising health consciousness among consumers. This, in turn, is spurring the demand for lactose powder across the globe.
The thriving food and beverage industry is one of the key factors driving the market growth. Lactose powder is easily available, cost-effective and has a low level of sweetness, owing to which it is widely utilized as a filler in various bakery and confectionery products such as bread, cookies, cereals and pancakes. It is also employed in frozen and canned products including soups, dehydrated potatoes and meal-replacement supplements to prevent discoloration. Apart from this, it is utilized in the pharmaceutical industry as a coating in over-the-counter (OTC) drugs such as antacids, throat lozenges and birth control pills. Furthermore, owing to the rising demand for calcium-fortified beverages among consumers, manufacturers are focusing on diversifying their portfolio of lactose-based products.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global lactose powder market, along with forecasts at the global and regional level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on application.
Breakup by Application:
- Food Industry
- Diet and Sports Nutrition Industry
- Pharmaceutical Industry
At present, the food industry accounts for the majority of the total market share.
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
On the geographical front, North America represents the largest market for lactose powder around the world. This can be attributed to the concentration of dietary supplement manufacturers in the region.
The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report, along with the detailed profiles of the major players operating in the global lactose powder market:
- Lactalis International
- Nestlé SA
- Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited
- Dairy Farmers of America Inc.
- Land O’Lakes, Inc.
- MEGGLE GmbH & Co. KG
|Base Year of the Analysis
||US$ Billion, ‘000 Tons
|| North America, Europe, Oceania, Asia, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||Lactalis International, Nestlé SA, Fonterra Co-operative Group Limited, Dairy Farmers of America Inc., Land O’Lakes, Inc. and MEGGLE GmbH & Co. KG
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global lactose powder market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global lactose powder industry?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global lactose powder industry?
- What are the major application segments in the global lactose powder industry?
- What are the price trends of lactose powder?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global lactose powder industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global lactose powder industry?
- What is the structure of the global lactose powder industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global lactose powder industry?
- What are the profit margins in the global lactose powder industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a lactose powder manufacturing plant?
- How is lactose powder manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a lactose powder manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a lactose powder manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a lactose powder manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a lactose powder manufacturing plant?
- What are the packaging requirements for lactose powder?
- What are the transportation requirements for lactose powder?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a lactose powder manufacturing plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a lactose powder manufacturing plant?