The global laparotomy sponges market size reached US$
872.2 Million in 2021. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$
1,319.9 Million by 2027, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of
7.3% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic on different
end use sectors. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Laparotomy sponges, or absorbent pads, are used in the healthcare sector for absorbing excess fluid or blood and evacuating subdural hematoma around an incision or a surgical area. They are made using cotton, rayon and nylon polyester that meets the medical quality and hygiene standards and allows the maximum absorption of fluids. The application of these sponges further extends to cleaning and retaining moisture at an incision site. They are also used by surgeons for gripping and manually removing tissue or an organ without causing any potential harm.
The growing prevalence of abdominal disorders among the geriatric population and an increase in the number of surgical procedures are the key factors driving the market growth. Furthermore, there has been a significant rise in the cases of diseases such as colon cancer, hernia, appendicitis, pancreatitis, peptic ulcers among the masses that have led to a growing need for laparotomy surgeries. Apart from this, an increasing number of cesarean operations conducted in hospitals and medical centers have also increased the utilization of laparotomy sponges. Additionally, various innovations in laparotomy sponges, such as the introduction of pads with heat bonded barium sulfate markers and enhanced X-ray visibility, represent another factor influencing the market growth. Moreover, as laparotomy sponges can be unintentionally retained in the body during operations, manufacturers have developed easily detectable and barcode tagged sponges that can reduce the cases of post-operation retentions.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global laparotomy sponges market report, along with forecasts at the global and regional level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on technology, sterility, procedure and end-user.
Breakup by Technology:
- Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID)
Breakup by Sterility:
- Sterile Laparotomy Sponges
- Non-Sterile Laparotomy Sponges
Breakup by Procedure:
- Pre-Washed Laparotomy Sponge
- Non-Washed Laparotomy Sponge
Breakup by End-User:
- Multispecialty Surgical Centers
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
The report has also analysed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key players being Medtronic, Owens & Minor, Integra LifeSciences, Medical Action Industries, AdvaCare Pharma, B. Braun Melsungen, Cardinal Health, Dynarex Corporation, DeRoyal, BSN Medical GmbH, Dukal Corporation, Stryker Corporation, etc.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Technology, Sterility, Procedure, End-User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||Medtronic, Owens & Minor, Integra LifeSciences, Medical Action Industries, AdvaCare Pharma, B. Braun Melsungen, Cardinal Health, Dynarex Corporation, DeRoyal, BSN Medical GmbH, Dukal Corporation, Stryker Corporation
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global laparotomy sponges market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global laparotomy sponges industry?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global laparotomy sponges industry?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the technology?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the sterility?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the procedure?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end-user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global laparotomy sponges industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global laparotomy sponges industry?
- What is the structure of the global laparotomy sponges industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global laparotomy sponges industry?