The global laser direct structuring (LDS) antenna market size reached US$ 1,463 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 2,606 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 9.7% during 2023-2028. The rising need for compact and integrated antenna solutions, increasing utilization of LDS antennae in the automotive industry, and ongoing technological advancements in LDS technology represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Laser direct structuring (LDS) antenna is an advanced technology used for integrating antennas directly onto the three-dimensional (3D) plastic carrier. It enables the creation of conductive traces using laser-activated additives and eliminates the need for separate antenna components. It reduces the overall complexity and size of the device and helps maintain the desired aesthetics of the product while ensuring reliable wireless connectivity. Besides this, as it facilitates efficient signal transmission and reception and low power consumption, LDS antenna is increasingly being used in smartphones, smart devices, wearables, and connected medical equipment worldwide.
Laser Direct Structuring (LDS) Antenna Market Trends:
The growing need for compact and integrated antenna solutions on account of the rising trend of miniaturization and design optimization in the electronics industry represents one of the key factors influencing the market positively. Additionally, the increasing need for seamless wireless connectivity in smartphones, wearables, and the Internet of Things (IoT) devices is driving the adoption of LDS antennas across the globe. Apart from this, the thriving automotive sector and the increasing demand for vehicles with autonomous driving systems are catalyzing the demand for LDS antenna as it allows reliable and efficient wireless communication in automobiles. Furthermore, the escalating demand for wireless medical devices and wearables for remote monitoring, diagnostics, and enhanced patient care is offering a favorable market outlook. LDS antennas offer design flexibility and miniaturization possibilities, which makes them ideal for integration into medical devices. Moreover, the growing environmental concerns and sustainability initiatives and the development of bio-based and low-volatile organic compound (VOC) alternatives are contributing to market growth. Besides this, the rising need for high-performance wireless connectivity in space-constrained designs, wherein traditional antenna solutions are challenging to implement, is strengthening the growth of the market. Moreover, ongoing advancements in LDS technology, including improvements in material formulations, manufacturing processes, and antenna performance, are driving the market. These advancements are offering enhanced antenna efficiency, wider frequency coverage, and better signal quality. Additionally, the growing utilization of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), global positioning systems (GPS), global navigation satellite systems (GNSS), and conformal communication antennas in the military and defense sector is offering lucrative market growth opportunities.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global laser direct structuring (LDS) antenna market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on application.
- Consumer Electronics
A detailed breakup and analysis of the laser direct structuring (LDS) antenna market based on the industry verticals has also been provided in the report. This includes healthcare, consumer electronics, automotive, networking, and others. According to the report, automotive accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for laser direct structuring (LDS) antenna. Some of the factors driving the North America laser direct structuring (LDS) antenna market included increasing sales of smartphones, laptops, and tablets, ongoing advancements in LDS technology, rising demand for wireless wearables, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global laser direct structuring (LDS) antenna market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Amphenol Corporation, Galtronics Corporation Ltd (Baylin Technologies), Huizhou Speed Wireless Technology Co. Ltd, INPAQ Technology Co. Ltd., LPKF Laser & Electronics, Luxshare Precision Industry Co. Ltd, Pulse Electronics Corporation (Yageo Corporation), Shenzhen Sunway Communication Co. Ltd, Taoglas Group Holdings Limited, TE Connectivity, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
||Healthcare, Consumer Electronics, Automotive, Networking, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Amphenol Corporation, Galtronics Corporation Ltd (Baylin Technologies), Huizhou Speed Wireless Technology Co. Ltd, INPAQ Technology Co. Ltd., LPKF Laser & Electronics, Luxshare Precision Industry Co. Ltd, Pulse Electronics Corporation (Yageo Corporation), Shenzhen Sunway Communication Co. Ltd, Taoglas Group Holdings Limited, TE Connectivity, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global laser direct structuring (LDS) antenna market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global laser direct structuring (LDS) antenna market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global laser direct structuring (LDS) antenna market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive laser direct structuring (LDS) antenna market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the laser direct structuring (LDS) antenna market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global laser direct structuring (LDS) antenna market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global laser direct structuring (LDS) antenna market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the laser direct structuring (LDS) antenna market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global laser direct structuring (LDS) antenna market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the laser direct structuring (LDS) antenna industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.