The global life science tools market size reached US$ 142.13 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 229.07 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 8.12% during 2023-2028. Extensive research and development (R&D) activities, the rising geriatric population, and the increasing demand for personalized medicine represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Life science tools refer to a wide range of instruments, equipment, and techniques used in scientific research and analysis of living organisms, their systems, and processes. They comprise of various instruments, reagents, and other services that are used to study the advanced areas of biotechnology, genetics, molecular biology, biochemistry, and genetics. Life science tools are widely used to conduct research, investigate the structure and function of biological molecules, detect, and diagnose diseases and analyze biological evidence. They are highly precise and accurate, that help in developing new drugs and therapy, improving human health, and ensuring faster development of new treatments and technologies. As a result, life science tools assist in enhancing the quality and standard of living by being applied to medicine, agriculture, health, pharmaceutical, and food science industries.
Life Science Tools Market Trends:
The widespread adoption of proteomic and genomic workflows in hospitals to diagnose and treat various diseases is one of the key factors driving the market growth. In line with this, the growing focus on drug discovery and development due to the increasing number of diseases and conditions requiring new treatments is propelling the market growth. Additionally, the increasing adoption of genomic medicine, biopharmaceuticals, diagnostic procedures, and novel technologies for the diagnosis and treatment of clinical disorders is favoring the market growth. Apart from this, the integration of artificial intelligence (AI) with life science tools that assist in conducting efficient clinical trials, discovering, and developing new drugs, and diagnosing diseases more accurately is providing an impetus to the market growth. Moreover, various technological advancements in the field of sequencing technologies, mass spectrometry, and other chromatography procedures are acting as another growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, the widespread adoption of next-generation sequencing (NGS) technology that is used to determine the order of nucleotides in entire genomes or targeted regions of deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) or ribonucleic acid (RNA) is positively influencing the market growth. Besides this, biopharmaceutical companies are initiating large-sale genome sequencing projects in collaboration with community health systems and academic medical centers, which in turn is creating a positive outlook for the market. Other factors, including extensive research and development (R&D) activities, the rising geriatric population, the increasing demand for personalized medicine, and various governments and private organizations are investing heavily in life science research and development, are anticipated to drive the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global life science tools market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, technology, application, and end user.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the life science tools market based on the type. This includes instruments, consumables, and services. According to the report, instruments represented the largest segment.
- Cell Culture Systems and 3D Cell Culture
- PCR and qPCR
- Sanger Sequencing
- Separation Technologies
- Flow Cytometry
- Nucleic Acid Microarray
- Mass Spectrometry
A detailed breakup and analysis of the life science tools market based on the technology has also been provided in the report. This includes cell culture systems and 3D cell culture, PCR and qPCR, sanger sequencing, separation technologies, flow cytometry, nucleic acid microarray, mass spectrometry, and others. According to the report, cell culture systems and 3D cell culture accounted for the largest market share.
- Proteomics Technology
- Genomic Technology
- Cell Biology Technology
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the life science tools market based on the application. This includes proteomics, genomic, cell biology technology and others. According to the report, cell biology technology represented the largest segment.
End User Insights:
- Government and Academic
- Biopharmaceutical Company
- Industrial Applications
A detailed breakup and analysis of the life science tools market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes government and academic, biopharmaceutical company, healthcare, industrial applications, and others. According to the report, healthcare accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for life science tools. Some of the factors driving the North America life science tools market included the implementation of various government initiatives, extensive research and development (R&D) activities, and the increasing demand for personalized medicine.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global life science tools market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Agilent Technologies Inc., Becton Dickinson and Company, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Bruker Corporation, Danaher Corporation, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Illumina Inc., Merck KGaA, Oxford Instruments plc, Qiagen N.V., Shimadzu Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Instruments, Consumables, Services
||Cell Culture Systems and 3D Cell Culture, PCR and qPCR, Sanger Sequencing, Separation Technologies, Flow Cytometry, Nucleic Acid Microarray, Mass Spectrometry, Others
||Proteomics Technology, Genomic Technology, Cell Biology Technology, Others
|End Users Covered
||Government and Academic, Biopharmaceutical Company, Healthcare, Industrial Applications, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Agilent Technologies Inc., Becton Dickinson and Company, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Bruker Corporation, Danaher Corporation, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Illumina Inc., Merck KGaA, Oxford Instruments plc, Qiagen N.V., Shimadzu Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global life science tools market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global life science tools market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global life science tools market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive life science tools market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the life science tools market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the technology?
- Which is the most attractive technology in the life science tools market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the life science tools market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user in the life science tools market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global life science tools market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global life science tools market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the life science tools market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global life science tools market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the life science tools industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.