The global linerless labels market size reached US$ 1.77 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 2.38 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 5.10% during 2023-2028. The escalating demand for retail-ready packaging solutions, rising need for labels with maximum printable area and higher roll capacity, and growing demand for convenient labeling solutions equipped with moisture, chemicals and abrasion resistance represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Linerless labels are a type of pressure-sensitive label that do not require a release liner or backing material and the adhesive is directly applied to the facestock instead, resulting in a self-wound roll. They typically comprise of a self-wound roll of pressure-sensitive material with adhesive applied to both sides of the label and can be made from a variety of materials such as paper, synthetic materials or even bamboo, making them eco-friendly. These labels are characterized by higher efficiency in labeling operations and greater flexibility and versatility compared to traditional labels. Additionally, linerless labels reduce production and disposal costs by eliminating the need for backing material, and their increased label length per roll also results in reduced shipping and storage costs. They are highly versatile and can be used for a wide range of labeling applications, such as barcodes, branding, and product identification. Linerless labels enhance efficiency and productivity by enabling on-demand printing, reducing the need for pre-printed labels, and eliminating liner removal and disposal, resulting in reduced production time and costs.
Linerless Labels Market Trends:
The escalating demand for retail-ready packaging solutions with enhanced brand visibility and integrated product information and barcodes is a significant factor driving the market. This can be attributed to the rising need for labels with maximum printable area and higher roll capacity to reduce operational costs. In line with this, the growing demand for convenient labeling solutions equipped with moisture, chemicals and abrasion resistance is providing an impetus to the market. Moreover, the significant growth of the e-commerce and logistics industries, is fueling the demand for high-quality printing and compatibility with variable information printing (VIP) systems, which in turn is creating lucrative opportunities in the market. Additionally, continual technological advancements in labeling materials, such as synthetic papers, polyesters, polyolefins, enhanced adhesion and waterproof ink are resulting in a higher product uptake. The market is further driven by the augmenting demand for sustainable packaging solutions due to the rising environmental concerns. Also, the rising adoption of high-quality labels in compliance with stringent regulatory requirements, withstanding environmental conditions, and providing accurate product information in pharmaceuticals and healthcare packaging is fueling the market. Some of the other factors contributing to the market include rapid urbanization and digitalization, an enhanced focus on branding and product differentiation, inflating disposable income levels and extensive research and development (R&D) activities.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global linerless labels market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on composition, printing ink type, printing technology and end user.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the global linerless labels market based on the composition. This includes facestock, adhesive, and topcoat. According to the report, facestock represented the largest segment.
Printing Ink Type Insights:
- UV Curable
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the global linerless labels market based on the printing ink type. This includes water-based, solvent-based, UV curable, and others. According to the report, UV curable represented the largest segment.
Printing Technology Insights:
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the global linerless labels market based on the printing technology. This includes gravure, flexography, digital, others. According to the report, digital represented the largest segment.
End User Insights:
- Food and Beverage
- Home and Personal Care
A detailed breakup and analysis of the global linerless labels market based on the end user has also been provided in the report. This includes food and beverage, home and personal care, pharmaceuticals, retail, logistics, and others. According to the report, food and beverage accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for linerless labels. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific linerless labels market included continual technological advancements, considerable growth in the retail industry, presence of several key players, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global linerless labels market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include CCL Industries Inc., Coveris, Gipako UAB, Hub Labels Inc., NAStar Inc., Optimum Group, ProPrint Group, R.R. Donnelley & Sons Company, Reflex Labels Ltd., SATO Europe GmbH, Skanem AS, UPM-Kymmene Oyj., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Printing Ink Type
- Printing Technology
- End User
||Facestock, Adhesive, Topcoat
|Printing Ink Types Covered
||Water-based, Solvent-based, UV Curable, Others
|Printing Technologies Covered
||Gravure, Flexography, Digital, Others
|End Users Covered
||Food and Beverage, Home and Personal Care, Pharmaceuticals, Retail, Logistics, Others
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||CCL Industries Inc., Coveris, Gipako UAB, Hub Labels Inc., NAStar Inc., Optimum Group, ProPrint Group, R.R. Donnelley & Sons Company, Reflex Labels Ltd., SATO Europe GmbH, Skanem AS, UPM-Kymmene Oyj., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global linerless labels market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global linerless labels market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global linerless labels market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive global linerless labels market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the composition?
- Which is the most attractive composition in the global linerless labels market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the printing ink type?
- Which is the most attractive printing ink type in the global linerless labels market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the printing technology?
- Which is the most attractive printing technology in the global linerless labels market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- Which is the most attractive end user the global linerless labels market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global linerless labels market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global linerless labels market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the global linerless labels market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global linerless labels market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the linerless labels industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.