The global lithotripters market size reached US$ 1.65 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 2.17 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.5% during 2023-2028. The growing prevalence of urolithiasis, increasing geriatric population, and rising consumer preferences for minimally invasive surgeries (MIS) represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Lithotripters are non-invasive medical devices that pulverize stones by passing a series of electromagnetic shock waves through the water bath. They comprise a metal sheath covering and a polyethylene catheter, which contains the basket and the end of the catheter is connected to the lithotripter handle. They provide the maximum energy required to break the hard stone into fine particles that are enough to be passed naturally in the urine of the patient. They assist surgeons in removing stones present in the urinary system, pancreas, and bile ducts while leaving the surrounding soft tissue virtually unaffected. In addition, lithotripters have targeting systems that use fluoroscopy, ultrasonography, and a combination of both modalities. At present, they are increasingly being used in hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers (ASCs)across the globe.
Lithotripters Market Trends:
The rising geriatric population and the rising prevalence of urolithiasis represent one of the key factors positively influencing the market. The unhealthy dietary patterns, shifting preferences towards ready-to-eat (RTE) foods, and hectic lifestyles of individuals are resulting in the rising cases of kidney, gall bladder, and liver stones. This, in turn, is also creating a positive outlook for the market. In addition, the growing awareness among individuals about the benefits of lithotripsy over conventional surgical stone removal methods is driving the market. Apart from this, shifting consumer inclination towards minimally invasive surgeries (MIS) for lesser pain and scars, shorter recovery periods, smaller incisions, increased accuracy, and decreased risk of complications is catalyzing the demand for extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL) procedures. Furthermore, favorable regulations imposed by governments of various countries to educate people about the benefits of early diagnosis and treatment are strengthening the market growth. Additionally, they are increasingly investing in the healthcare industry to improve the infrastructure, which is offering a favorable market outlook. Besides this, the advent of new and advanced technologies, such as electromechanical and pneumatic impact lithotripsy, is propelling the market growth. Moreover, the expansion of hospitals and surgical centers is driving the global demand for lithotripters. Furthermore, leading market players are engaging in alliances, acquisitions, partnerships with international clients, and new product launches to expand their market reach.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global lithotripters market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on device, application, and end user.
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy System
- Intracorporeal Lithotripsy System
- Laser Lithotripsy
- Electrohydraulic Lithotripsy
- Mechanical Lithotripsy
- Ultrasonic Lithotripsy
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the lithotripters market based on the device. This includes extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy system and intracorporeal lithotripsy system (laser lithotripsy, electrohydraulic lithotripsy, mechanical lithotripsy and ultrasonic lithotripsy). According to the report, extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy system represented the largest segment.
- Kidney Stones
- Ureteral Stones
- Pancreatic Stones
- Bile Duct Stones
A detailed breakup and analysis of the lithotripters market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes kidney stones, ureteral stones, pancreatic stones, and bile duct stones. According to the report, kidney stones accounted for the largest market share.
End User Insights:
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the lithotripters market based on the end user. This includes hospitals, ambulatory surgical centers, and others. According to the report, hospitals represented the largest segment.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (The United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for lithotripters. Some of the factors driving the North America lithotripters market included the high prevalence of kidney and ureteral stones, increasing number of surgeries performed each year, and technological advancements in the healthcare industry.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global lithotripters market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include Boston Scientific Corporation, Convergent Laser Technologies, Cook Group Incorporated, DirexGroup, Dornier MedTech GmbH (Accuron Technologies Limited), EDAP TMS, Medispec, Olympus Corporation, Storz Medical AG, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Device, Application, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Boston Scientific Corporation, Convergent Laser Technologies, Cook Group Incorporated, DirexGroup, Dornier MedTech GmbH (Accuron Technologies Limited), EDAP TMS, Medispec, Olympus Corporation, Storz Medical AG, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global lithotripters market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global lithotripters market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive lithotripters markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the device?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end user?
- What is the competitive structure of the global lithotripters market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global lithotripters market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the lithotripters market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global lithotripters market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the lithotripters industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.