The global live cell imaging market size reached US$ 2.1 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 3.5 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 9.01% during 2023-2028. The escalating demand due to its operational efficiency in studying proteins, rising innovations made in medical research to develop novel drugs, and the growing prevalence of various chronic diseases due to the adoption of sedentary lifestyles represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Live cell imaging refers to the examination of dynamic living cells in their growth medium that change over time. It comprises detailed protocols and techniques to culture cells on the microscope stage and maintains a constant focal plane to follow cellular processes in real time. It relies on phase contrast microscopy and brightfield to illuminate the cell culture and examine various cell organelles, such as plastids, mitochondria, centrosomes, endoplasmic reticulum, and ribosomes. It is influenced by imaging modality, media, temperature, humidity, pH, osmolarity, and photon dose, which are essential for maintaining cellular health. Live cell imaging also allows monitoring of cell fusion events, determining the mobility of molecules by using fluorescence recovery after photobleaching (FRAP) and measuring various modifications, such as growth or aging of condensate over a period. It provides essential cellular data through the visualization of transient events that are often missed in endpoint assays and revealing optimal time points. It is often utilized to examine the fertilization process, cellular development, cell signaling process, and cell differentiation. Furthermore, as live cell imaging provides accurate information on cell cultures, it is utilized by biologists, pharmacologists, and toxicologists around the world.
Live Cell Imaging Market Trends:
At present, the escalating demand for live cell imaging due to its operational efficiency in studying proteins and a wide variety of molecular interactions represents one of the primary factors influencing the market positively. Besides this, there is a rise in the number of innovations made in medical research to develop novel drugs and therapies to treat various life-threatening conditions in individuals. This, coupled with the growing prevalence of various chronic diseases due to the adoption of sedentary lifestyles, is offering a favorable market outlook. In addition, the increasing utilization of high-content screening (HCS) to make drug development processes time and cost-efficient and reduce toxicity is propelling the growth of the market. Apart from this, the rising number of investments made by governing agencies of various countries to improve healthcare infrastructure and develop advanced surgical procedures to provide effective treatment to patients is contributing to the growth of the market. Additionally, the increasing employment of live cell imaging in research laboratories to maintain cell viability is bolstering the market growth. Furthermore, key market players are developing live cell imaging techniques with various enhanced features in camera technology, sensitivity, and pixel density.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global live cell imaging market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product, application and technology.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the live cell imaging market based on the product. This includes equipment, consumable, and software. According to the report, equipment represented the largest segment.
- Cell Biology
- Developmental Biology
- Stem Cell and Drug Discovery
A detailed breakup and analysis of the live cell imaging market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes cell biology, developmental biology, stem cell and drug discovery, and others. According to the report, cell biology accounted for the largest market share.
- Time-Lapse Microscopy
- Fluorescence Recovery after Photobleaching (FRAP)
- Fluorescence Resonance Energy Transfer (FRET)
- High Content Screening (HCS)
A detailed breakup and analysis of the live cell imaging market based on the technology has also been provided in the report. This includes time lapse microscopy, fluorescence recovery after photobleaching (FRAP), fluorescence resonance energy transfer (FRET), high content screening (HCS), and others. According to the report, fluorescence recovery after photobleaching (FRAP) accounted for the largest market share.
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for live cell imaging. Some of the factors driving the North America live cell imaging market included rising investments made by governing agencies, increasing occurrence of cancer among the masses, the growing initiatives in drug discovery, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global live cell imaging market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include Becton Dickinson and Company (BD), Carl Zeiss AG, Leica Microsystems (Danaher Corporation), Merck KGaA, Nikon Instruments Inc., Olympus Corporation, PerkinElmer Inc., Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Application, Technology, Region
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Becton Dickinson and Company, Carl Zeiss AG, Leica Microsystems (Danaher Corporation), Merck KGaA, Nikon Instruments Inc, Olympus Corporation, PerkinElmer Inc and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global live cell imaging market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global live cell imaging market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global live cell imaging market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive live cell imaging markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product?
- Which is the most attractive product in the live cell imagine market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the live cell imagine market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the technology?
- Which is the most attractive technology in the live cell imagine market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global live cell imaging market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global live cell imaging market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the live cell imaging market from Stakeholders1.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global live cell imaging market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the live cell imaging industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.