The global lung cancer therapeutics market size reached US$ 27,221.60 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 50,233.00 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 10.90% during 2023-2028. The rising prevalence of lung cancer due to unhealthy lifestyles and excessive smoking, increasing awareness among individuals about the importance of early diagnosis and treatment, and advancements in precision medicine represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Lung cancer therapeutics refer to various treatment options used for managing and treating the symptoms of lung cancer, which include shortness of breath, chest pain, wheezing, and coughing up blood. They include medications and surgery that help reduce and destroy the growth of cancerous tumors in the lungs. They also involve therapies that focus on specific genetic mutations or alterations in cancer cells and stimulate the immune system to fight against the disease. At present, the growing prevalence of lung cancer on account of the increasing consumption of smoking products, rising pollution level, and unhealthy dietary patterns is catalyzing the demand for effective lung cancer therapeutics.
Lung Cancer Therapeutics Market Trends:
The rising awareness among individuals about the benefits of early diagnosis and treatment of cancer currently represents one of the key factors offering a favorable market outlook. Apart from this, the development of targeted therapies that offer personalized treatment options and improve patient outcomes are favoring market growth. Molecular testing and genetic profiling enable the identification of specific mutations and biomarkers in lung cancer cells. In line with this, the increasing use of nanomedicine to increase the efficient delivery of the anticancer drug to the affected tissues by enhancing the efficacy and reducing the side effects. Furthermore, the increasing use of immune checkpoint inhibitors (ICIs) as monotherapy or in combination with other therapies is creating a positive market outlook. Additionally, the rising adoption of combination therapies, which involve the simultaneous use of multiple treatment modalities, is strengthening the market growth. Besides this, the expanding utilization of liquid biopsies, which involve the analysis of circulating tumor deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) and other biomarkers in blood samples, is driving the market. Liquid biopsies act as a non-invasive method of assessing tumor mutational status and treatment response, thereby enabling real-time monitoring and adjustment of therapy. Moreover, strategic collaborations between pharmaceutical companies, research institutions, and healthcare providers to develop innovative therapies and drugs are propelling market growth. Along with this, ongoing research and technological advancements in novel treatment modalities, drug delivery systems, and diagnostic tools for lung cancer are expected to stimulate market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global lung cancer therapeutics market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on therapy, cancer type, and distribution channel.
- Targeted Therapy
- Erlotinib Hydrochloride
- Radiation Therapy
- External Beam
- Internal Beam
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the lung cancer therapeutics market based on the therapy. This includes targeted therapy (bevacizumab, dabrafenib/trametinib, erlotinib hydrochloride, Osimertinib and others); immunotherapy (durvalumab, nivolumab, atezolizumab and pembrolizumab); radiation therapy (external beam, internal beam and systemic); and chemotherapy. According to the report, targeted therapy represented the largest segment.
Cancer Type Insights:
- Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC)
- Small Cell Lung Cancer (SCLC)
A detailed breakup and analysis of the lung cancer therapeutics market based on the cancer type has also been provided in the report. This includes non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), and small cell lung cancer (SCLC). According to the report, non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) accounted for the largest market share.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the lung cancer therapeutics market based on the distribution channel. This includes hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, online pharmacies, and others. According to the report, hospital pharmacies represented the largest segment.
- North America
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for lung cancer therapeutics. Some of the factors driving the North America lung cancer therapeutics market included the increasing prevalence of lung cancer, rising awareness among individuals about the benefits of early diagnosis and treatment, technological advancements in treatment procedures, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global lung cancer therapeutics market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include AbbVie Inc., Amgen Inc., AstraZeneca Plc, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Daiichi Sankyo Company Limited, Eli Lilly and Company, GSK PLC, Merck & Co. Inc., Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc., Roche Holding AG, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Cancer Type
- Distribution Channel
- Targeted Therapy: Bevacizumab, Dabrafenib/Trametinib, Erlotinib Hydrochloride, Osimertinib, Others
- Immunotherapy: Durvalumab, Nivolumab, Atezolizumab, Pembrolizumab
- Radiation Therapy: External Beam, Internal Beam, Systemic
|Cancer Types Covered
||Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer (NSCLC), Small Cell Lung Cancer (SCLC)
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, Online Pharmacies, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||AbbVie Inc., Amgen Inc., AstraZeneca Plc, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Daiichi Sankyo Company Limited, Eli Lilly and Company, GSK PLC, Merck & Co. Inc., Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc., Roche Holding AG, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global lung cancer therapeutics market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global lung cancer therapeutics market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global lung cancer therapeutics market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive lung cancer therapeutics market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the therapy?
- Which is the most attractive therapy in the lung cancer therapeutics market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the cancer type?
- Which is the most attractive cancer type in the lung cancer therapeutics market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- Which is the most attractive distribution channel in the lung cancer therapeutics market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global lung cancer therapeutics market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global lung cancer therapeutics market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the lung cancer therapeutics market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global lung cancer therapeutics market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the lung cancer therapeutics industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.