Lyocell is a type of rayon produced from bleached wood pulp, also known as dissolving pulp, which contains cellulose. First developed in 1972, this fiber is manufactured by using the process of dry jet-wet spinning. These fibers exhibit similar properties as other cellulose fibers which include ramie, linen, viscose rayon and cotton. They are absorbent, soft, wrinkle resistant, strong, can be dyed in various colours and are capable of replicating a range of textures like silk, leather and suede. According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Lyocell Fiber Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023”, the global lyocell fiber market reached a value of around US$ 891 Million in 2017.
Over the past few years, the rapid and continuous changes in fashion trends are one of the major factors driving the growth of the global lyocell fiber market. In addition to this, several modern fibers and technologies have been developed due to which the usage of better quality materials has increased. This has, in turn, contributed towards an augmented demand for lyocell fiber across the globe. Moreover, there has been an increase in the demand for biodegradable fibers as well as in the awareness regarding the utilisation of sterilised products for healthcare purposes. These are some of the other factors driving the growth of the global lyocell fiber market. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach around US$ 1,250 Million by 2023, expanding at a CAGR of more than 5.8% during 2018-2023.
- Based on product type, the global lyocell fiber market has been segmented into staple fiber and cross-linked fiber.
- On the basis of application, the market has been segregated into apparel, home-textiles, medical and hygiene, and others. Amongst these, apparel represents the largest segment on account of softness and absorbent properties of lyocell fiber.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented as Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. Asia-Pacific represents the largest market owing to improving living standards and flourishing textile industry. Asia-Pacific is followed by North America and Europe.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being Lenzing AG, Acegreen Eco-Material Technology Co., Ltd., Aditya Birla Group, Baoding Swan Fiber Co. Ltd., Nien Foun Fiber, Chonbang Co., Ltd., Weiqiao Textile Company Limited, Zhejiang Yaojiang Industrial Group, China Populus Textile Ltd., Great Duksan, Qingdao Textiles Group Fiber Technology Co., Ltd., Smartfiber AG and Acelon Chemicals & Fiber Corporation.
This report provides a deep insight into the global lyocell fiber market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the lyocell fiber market in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global lyocell fiber market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regions in the global lyocell fiber market?
- Which are the popular product types in the global lyocell fiber market?
- What are the key application segments in the global lyocell fiber market?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global lyocell fiber market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global lyocell fiber market?
- What is the structure of the global lyocell fiber market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global lyocell fiber market?
- How is lyocell fiber manufactured?