The global lyophilization equipment and services market size reached US$ 6.5 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 10.7 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 5.62% during 2024-2032. The rising demand for lyophilization equipment and services in the pharmaceutical industry, recent development of advanced lyophilization equipment, and increasing adoption of lyophilization services represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Market Size in 2023
|US$ 6.5 Billion
Market Forecast in 2032
|US$ 10.7 Billion
|Market Growth Rate 2024-2032
Lyophilization, also known as freeze-drying, is a stabilizing process where a substance is frozen, followed by the removal of solvents, such as water, through sublimation and desorption. It involves the utilization of various equipment, such as lab freeze dryers, sterilizable lyophilizers, and non-sterile freeze-dryers. Lyophilization operations are also outsourced to various qualified service providers, including contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs) that offer specialized equipment and expertise at lower costs. Lyophilization equipment and services are widely used to preserve various perishable goods, such as drugs, biological samples, food products, museum exhibition objects, dairy, astronaut food, and nutraceuticals. As compared to conventional drying methods, lyophilization maintains the shape and form of the products, retains colors and volatiles, and provides faster rehydration.
Lyophilization Equipment and Services Market Trends:
The rising demand for lyophilization equipment and services in the pharmaceutical industry to dry heat-sensitive drugs at low temperatures, improve the stability and storage of labile medicines, purify samples, produce diagnostics, and manufacture solid forms of dosages that are easy to store, ship, and later reconstituted to its original form is one of the primary factors driving the market growth. In line with this, the widespread utilization of lyophilization equipment for developing biopharmaceuticals, such as protein-based medicines, cell and gene therapies, antibodies, and nucleic acids, is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, increasing product application in the food processing industry to preserve various products, such as noodles, soups, and instant coffee for consumption by military personnel, hikers, and astronauts, is providing an impetus to the market growth. Along with this, lyophilization equipment and services are widely adopted in the dairy industry to extend the shelf-life of yogurt, milk, ice cream, and cheese that can be supplied to bakeries and restaurants, which in turn is favoring the market growth. Additionally, the recent development of advanced lyophilization equipment that reduces cross-contamination, allows endpoint determination, offers simultaneous loading and defrosting, provides steam sterilization, and ensures high accuracy and safety is positively influencing the market growth. Moreover, the increasing demand for lyophilization services, as they reduce capital investment, saves time, and provide expertise, and help businesses in improving efficiency and cost-saving, is facilitating the market growth. Other factors, rising expenditure in healthcare infrastructural development, extensive research and development (R&D) activities, and the increasing demand for packaged food, are anticipated to the drive market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global lyophilization equipment and services market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country level from 2024-2032. Our report has categorized the market based on modality, scale of operation, and application.
- Tray-Style Freeze Dryer
- Manifold Freeze Dryer
- Rotary Freeze Dryer
- Vacuum Systems
- CIP (Clean-in-place) Systems
- Drying Chamber
The report has also provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the lyophilization equipment and services market based on the modality. This includes dryer (tray-style, manifold, and rotary freeze dryers), accessories (vacuum systems, CIP (clean-in-place) systems, drying chambers, and others), and services. According to the report, dryer represented the largest segment.
Scale of Operation Insights:
- Bench Top
- Pilot Scale
- Industrial Scale
A detailed breakup and analysis of the lyophilization equipment and services market based on the scale of operation has been provided in the report. This includes bench top, pilot scale, and industrial scale. According to the report, industrial scale accounted for the largest market share.
- Pharmaceutical and Biotech Manufacturing
- Food Processing and Packaging
A detailed breakup and analysis of the lyophilization equipment and services market based on the application has been provided in the report. This includes pharmaceutical and biotech manufacturing, food processing and packaging, and others. According to the report, pharmaceutical and biotech manufacturing accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets that include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for lyophilization equipment and services. Some of the factors driving the North America lyophilization equipment and services market include rising approval of new drugs, increasing research and development (R&D) activities, rising collaboration between market players, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global lyophilization equipment and services market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the companies covered include GEA Group AG, IMA Industria Macchine Automatiche S.p.A., Labconco Corporation, Martin Christ Gefriertrocknungsanlagen GmbH, MechaTech Systems Ltd, Millrock Technology Inc., OPTIMA packaging group GmbH, Telstar (Azbil Corporation), Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., W. L. Gore & Associates Inc., etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
- Dryer: Tray-Style Freeze Dryer, Manifold Freeze Dryer, Rotary Freeze Dryer
- Accessories: Vacuum Systems, CIP (Clean-in-place) Systems, Drying Chamber, Others
|Scale of Operations Covered
||Bench Top, Pilot Scale, Industrial Scale
||Pharmaceutical and Biotech Manufacturing, Food Processing and Packaging, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||GEA Group AG, IMA Industria Macchine Automatiche S.p.A., Labconco Corporation, Martin Christ Gefriertrocknungsanlagen GmbH, MechaTech Systems Ltd, Millrock Technology Inc., OPTIMA packaging group GmbH, Telstar (Azbil Corporation), Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., W. L. Gore & Associates Inc., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global lyophilization equipment and services market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global lyophilization equipment and services market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive lyophilization equipment and services markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the modality?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the scale of operation?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- What is the competitive structure of the global lyophilization equipment and services market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global lyophilization equipment and services market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the lyophilization equipment and services market from 2018-2032.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global lyophilization equipment and services market.
- The study maps the leading as well as the fastest growing regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the lyophilization equipment and services industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.